Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

2012 Time Warner Price Increases

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I also do not share my InfiniTV4 with other devices, so it does not affect me that much.
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TA firmware 1601 fixes the channel not available message on media center machines. In other words, it improves sdv performance and fixes bugs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk.
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/thread-saving-money-with-twc-part-2

Check out this thread for getting a good deal with TWC.
 
My 2 year contract is up in 60 days. In looking on their web site I saw that TW now wants to rent cable modems. These guys are begging me to look elsewhere for my TV service. From their web site under bundles:

Equipment Options:
Your offer includes 1 modem and outlet.
Modem: 6 MONTHS FREE Included ($2.50 per month will apply starting month 7)
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Well you can always buy your own modem and use that. That will allow you to get around the modem rental fee.
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
My 8300HD rebooted and it was updated to MDN v3.1.0-15 (3.Dev). I guess ODN v5.x is coming to San Diego in the near future.
 
Admin65 said:
Well you can always buy your own modem and use that. That will allow you to get around the modem rental fee.
As a long time TW customer I never recall ever a fee for a modem. It's just that it seems TW is out to get every dime it can. I suspect no one will pay the extra modem fee. They will use it as a "perk" and as a give away and make customers think they are getting a deal.
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Only those on the new bundle packages have to pay a modem fee. Those who are not on the new bundle packages are grandfathered in not to pay the new modem fee.
 
You could always just buy your own modem & avoid the modem rental fee. TWC gave me the Scientific Atlanta DPC 2100 modem, and I've checked online and it can be bought for around $20-$25.
 

DRB

Member
Admin65 said:
Only those on the new bundle packages have to pay a modem fee. Those who are not on the new bundle packages are grandfathered in not to pay the new modem fee.
I just changed to a different double-play bundle with standard TWC internet for $39.95 and there is no separate modem rental fee. The price is the same as it has been for the last couple years for me.
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
bookertdub said:
You could always just buy your own modem & avoid the modem rental fee. TWC gave me the Scientific Atlanta DPC 2100 modem, and I've checked online and it can be bought for around $20-$25.
Great modem if you are not on a D3.0 tier (such as Extreme and Wideband).
 
Admin65 said:
Motorola has the SB6141 and that is compatible with TWC Wideband/Extreme.
I have been negotiating new prices and bundles since my 2 year contract is running out. Seems to me the TW's hot button is to push their phone service as a third part of a bundle. Thus they can sell a 3 pack bundle. They will reduce other services if you take the phone and their price for a nationwide phone is nearly Zero. And from what I heard, you don't even need to really install it.

But I asked them to make it my second line behind by ATT land line until I decide I like it. I have several 2 line phones at home from when I had 2 ATT landlines. They say they can do it, But I am not sure how they will "back" feed their new digital cable line throughout my home with pre-installed 2 line jacks already in place. Can anyone confirm how they do it? I also told them I need their phone modem as a stand alone and NOT swap out my existing TW cable modem.
 

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
You can use the EMTA with your existing modem. They do not make Phone only modems, only Phone/Internet modems. They can disable the Internet portion on the EMTA. Just ask the Tech and he will do it for you.
 
A few month ago my old 2 year deal ran out. Then I got a pretty good bundle deal on 3 services. A friend told me last week he got free Showtime for 6 months. So yesterday I had to go to the TW store in PQ to exchange my remote. I also asked about some free Showtime. He said sure...for 6 months. So I took it. It will get me through Dexter and Homeland.
 

DRB

Member
TWC is apparently emailing out offers for either free Showtime for 6months or free phone service for a year, to longtime customers with TWC cable TV + internet.
I got the email today - you have to call a special number with a confirmation code to get the offer you choose.

More details here:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/Corporate/support/customerappreciation/showtime-homephone.html
 

Mike Mantle

Member
fblack_111 said:
Admin65 said:
Motorola has the SB6141 and that is compatible with TWC Wideband/Extreme.
I have been negotiating new prices and bundles since my 2 year contract is running out. Seems to me the TW's hot button is to push their phone service as a third part of a bundle. Thus they can sell a 3 pack bundle. They will reduce other services if you take the phone and their price for a nationwide phone is nearly Zero. And from what I heard, you don't even need to really install it.

But I asked them to make it my second line behind by ATT land line until I decide I like it. I have several 2 line phones at home from when I had 2 ATT landlines. They say they can do it, But I am not sure how they will "back" feed their new digital cable line throughout my home with pre-installed 2 line jacks already in place. Can anyone confirm how they do it? I also told them I need their phone modem as a stand alone and NOT swap out my existing TW cable modem.
It should be a simple matter for the installer to connect TW Phone without disrupting your AT&T phone service. Your home should be pre-wired for at least two phone lines with copper telephone cable. One pair of wires will be in use for your AT&T line. The installer will connect the EMTA to the second pair of wires. Be sure that he understands that you want to preserve your existing AT&T service for now.

If you are installing the EMTA yourself, you'll need some sort of cross over cable or perhaps TW can remotely configure the EMTA to do what you need. Essentially, you want AT&T to remain on the primary pair of copper wires and TW to be configured on the second pair.

I'm sure that you will be happy with TW telephone service and will terminate AT&T shortly. Telephone service from cable providers is a stable service, and is competitively priced.
 
Top