Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

49.1 / 49.2 guide info crossed?

natesc0tt

On my TV Tuner, all channel guide info is correct (for ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, KUSI, etc...) EXCEPT for MyNetwork/MundoMax (49.1 & 49.2) are reversed and the graphic is listed as FOX. This appears to be info gathered from rabbitears.info but also many other EPG providers such as TitanTv, TV.com, ontvtonight.com all show the same mistake. Is this a problem with XHDTV/XDTV (MyNetwork) broadcasting the wrong info or crossing the video with the guide data somehow?

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/callsign/XHDTV
ID: "MY TV 13"
City: Tecate, BN, MX
Owner: Entravision
Web Site: http://www.mytv13.com/
Station Info: Digital Full-Power - 3000 kW
Market: San Diego
History:
2006: Station changes callsign from XHUPN to XHDTV after joining the new Fox network "My Network TV."
XHDTV is a television station in Tecate, BN, MX that serves the San Diego television market. The station runs programming from the My Network TV network and identifies itself as "MY TV 13". XHDTV is a digital full-power television station that operates with 3000 kilowatts of power and is owned by Entravision.

jay214128

Yes, the station has their listings wrong. This started back in September 2015 sometime, when they switched their sub channels around (49.1 was My Network and 49.2 was Mundo Fox, but now they are switched). However, XHDTV did NOT correct the listings data.

I get my listings data through Schedules Direct and I opened a ticked for this last year in October. The station is not very responsive and has no clue. My response from Schedules Direct was:

Gracenote has closed out this ticket:
"We have confirmed this many times. We believe the station is reporting the PSIP incorrectly."

Until the station fixes whatever isn't configured properly, Gracenote isn't going to do anything else with the lineup.​

I simply manually record the one show I watch from XHDTV (49.2, My Network). XHDTV also annoyingly crops their 16x9 programming to 4x3 - ugh.

Does anybody know what the heck is going on with this station?
Ch 49.1 is on sometimes (physical ch 47, 671MHz).
Watched "Pawn Stars" the last couple of nights, and saw ads for King of the Hill & other stuff.
Tuned in 11/25, 4:30PM for King..: DEAD no signal for more than 1/2 hour.
Normal signal is 68/100 on my Sony Bravia in HD/1080, but programs get ruined by major dropouts (to zero).

I get XHDTV via OTA in the bedroom, and it seems like there's never any guide info. TV settings and clock are all up to date.

It's a strange station. I've tried several times to find some reliable programming info, but no luck. Too sketchy to bother with.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
MyNetwork TV is really just a program service that somehow airs syndicated stuff within a designated hours and then before and after everything is fair game to the network. No idea why News Corp (Fox) even bothers with. XHDTV is on Cerro Bola which is in Tecate which is a bit far from some parts of SD. South Bay and Downtown will get it ok, but up north will be a challenge.

MyNetwork TV is really just a program service that somehow airs syndicated stuff within a designated hours and then before and after everything is fair game to the network. No idea why News Corp (Fox) even bothers with. XHDTV is on Cerro Bola which is in Tecate which is a bit far from some parts of SD. South Bay and Downtown will get it ok, but up north will be a challenge.
Oddly enough I get XHDTV via OTA fantastic in Carlsbad.