Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

4K on Netflix

Mike Mantle

Has anyone viewed the 4K content on Netflix using a 4K TV? I recently had my 3 yr old top of the line Samsung 3D TV die on me (argh!) and replaced it with a Sony 4K but didn't want to spend the extra money on a UHD and HDR set. The sour taste of having spent $2500 on the Samsung a mere three years ago and having it fail so soon had me pulling in on the reins this time around.

I did the one month free trial on Netflix, signing up for the 4K subscription. Frankly, I can't see any difference between their 4K content and normal HD. Quite disappointing. And I normally have very discerning eyes viewing TV content. I'm wondering what others experience with 4K content is.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 4K HDR (Samsung UN65KS8000) set and you need the top end Netflix account to receive it. I am working on getting a 4K forum, but I have been putting in minimal resources into this site. I can tell the difference between 4K and HD on Amazon content (Grand Tour). 4K definitely looks clearer and sharper.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I do have the top end Netflix account. Can I get Grand Tour free using my Amazon Prime account?
Yes, The Grand Tour is included with Amazon Prime! In fact, Amazon Prime is the only way to watch in the US legally, so go ahead and watch it!