Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Any idea when DOCSIS 3 is coming?

ScottE

bookertdub said:
Admin65 said:
I too am thinking of getting a SB6141.
I've heard nothing but great reviews about it.
I ordered one off Amazon, and it seems to work fine (replaced my rented SB5100, with the SB6141, and upgraded to Extreme). Unfortunately, the SB6141 seems to be experiencing the T3/T4 timeout issues under high outbound traffic, so I'm kind of annoyed at the low connection reliability.

Googling about, it seems it's a common problem, and really related to the provider (not the modem).

Weaselboy

@ScottE I have a Arris MTA/modem and had dropped Internet connection problems for weeks with those same errors in the log. After multiple modem swaps and service calls it was diagnosed as a corroded connection at a node two blocks away. They repaired the connection and I have been going on five years now with a perfect connection. If you are seeing that error accompanied by internet drop outs... there is a bad connection somewhere along the line and don't let the tech tell you otherwise. I had to be very persistent to get this fixed.

ScottE

Weaselboy said:
@ScottE I have a Arris MTA/modem and had dropped Internet connection problems for weeks with those same errors in the log. After multiple modem swaps and service calls it was diagnosed as a corroded connection at a node two blocks away. They repaired the connection and I have been going on five years now with a perfect connection. If you are seeing that error accompanied by internet drop outs... there is a bad connection somewhere along the line and don't let the tech tell you otherwise. I had to be very persistent to get this fixed.
Yeah, I'm just not eager to "fight" with TWC about the problem. I throttled my upstream to 2Mbps in an attempt to reduce the frequency of the problem, but it doesn't seem to have helped. (T'was the suggestion on many of the forums.)

If I could reproduce it 100% and quickly, I might be up for a fight, but having it happen "sometimes" after significant upstream traffic not only makes it hard for TWC to diagnose and fix, but means I'll likely have multiple calls to them to get them to fix it. Just sounds like a hassle. :)