Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Any new HD channels in the pipline?

creanium

It seems it's been a while since TWC SD has launched any new HD channels. Do we know of any in the pipeline?

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Next years consumer information pamphlet for 2011 said we could see some new HD channels sometime next year.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I have a feeling that it's going to take a while. Not much really needs to be added. We've got the major ones and actually I'm quite content with the selection they have now.

Randy

Not many new ones for me either. I guess Turner Classic Movies HD, but I heard they aren't quite showing actual HD yet. If they offered MLB extra innings in HD, I may think of ordering that as well. Short wish list

I wish Time Warner would come to grips and add on Prime Ticket and their corresponding HD channel, the mtn. (Mountain West Conference Sports Network) along with their corresponding HD channel. It really sucks not getting the college sports, especially the majority of SDSU Aztec sporting events on the mtn. and it also blows not getting Ducks hockey games which the majority are on Prime Ticket.

creanium

I'll second the want/need for "The Mtn"

Also, the rest of Scripps' networks in HD (DIY HD and Cooking HD). Carriage agreements are already in place with TWC, San Diego just needs to carry it.

vgfitz

so does anyone know if MLB Extra Innings will be in HD this year? isaw a quick mention above. t's been YEARS without it. and if they don't have it I can never sign up.

vgfitz said:
so does anyone know if MLB Extra Innings will be in HD this year? isaw a quick mention above. t's been YEARS without it. and if they don't have it I can never sign up.
I'd be highly surprised. It seems like inDemand only has the bandwidrh to carry 2 HD channels at most carry at most 3 games a day in HD. On top of that the majority of the teams that are on FSN. I've noticed FSN has made the push to go widescreen, which is windowbox on standard definition. While you can change the aspect ratio to fit the windowbox, the picture quality suffers even more (as if SD programming pq wasn't bad enough on an HDTV). If you have a PS3, get mlb.tv and watch it on your PS3. With mlb.tv on PS3, you get to choose the visiting or the home team's feed (provided both teams are televising, if its just one team televising, youd get that feed, and if neither team is televising, mlb.com has their own feed and synchs up with the home team radio broadcast). Mlb.tv is also cheaper than the MLB EI package.

bookertdub said:
TWC does carry Current TV on ch. 251, however Current TV doesn't broadcast in HD.
Ah, similar to the old days at MSNBC. Countdown was pretty much the only non-HD program I would record.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
FF is disabled on Fox VOD :(. However, there were plenty of prescription drug lawsuit ads. I guess the average Fox HD VOD viewer must suffer from these side effects and needs a lawyer to sue the drug companies. All while watching the Simpsons.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard that inDemand is offering like 9 HD's for their sports packages, but of course TWC San Diego isn't going to carry them. They can't even carry Team and Game HD1. This means that Cable customers will be able to get an EI or Center Ice experience that rivals DirecTV.