Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Any TWC Navigator Updates/News?

The reboot screwed up the time and date info on my DVR. It looks ('looks' being the key word) OK now, but the time is off by a couple of hours according to the diagnostic page (actual time around 3:30 AM, current time says 12:30 PM). Any easy way to fix that?

FYI, I didn't lose any programming or scheduled programming, but they indicate 1 day later - programs I set for Wednesday night actually say Thursday. It does record stuff - I had Olbermann scheduled for 7:45 PM Tuesday night with 2 hours padding (on ESPN2) and it did record it correctly (the show started late - again - due to prior programming runover).

DRB

My scheduled series recordings on my dvr are no longer setting up recordings starting for tomorrow, yet i can set them manually individually. Did a recent update cause this bug?

humdinger70 said:
The reboot screwed up the time and date info on my DVR. It looks ('looks' being the key word) OK now, but the time is off by a couple of hours according to the diagnostic page (actual time around 3:30 AM, current time says 12:30 PM). Any easy way to fix that?

FYI, I didn't lose any programming or scheduled programming, but they indicate 1 day later - programs I set for Wednesday night actually say Thursday. It does record stuff - I had Olbermann scheduled for 7:45 PM Tuesday night with 2 hours padding (on ESPN2) and it did record it correctly (the show started late - again - due to prior programming runover).

I had the same time issue. Mine was off by 3 hours. A reset fixed it. But I would like to see someone else test the delete function. It's a bit more complicated now and is not always responsive. I will do a test myself again later today after a second reboot.

Basically now you have to place a check mark after shows you want to delete. Then a message pops saying are your sure? Yes or No. On my DVR box, I cannot scroll between the yes or no.
[hr]
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:

I had the same time issue. Mine was off by 3 hours. A reset fixed it. But I would like to see someone else test the delete function. It's a bit more complicated now and is not always responsive. I will do a test myself again later today after a second reboot.

Basically now you have to place a check mark after shows you want to delete. Then a message pops saying are your sure? Yes or No. On my DVR box, I cannot scroll between the yes or no.
Well a second reboot fixed the problem I referenced above. You can now "mass" delete shows. Press Live, then Options, then Delete. Then you get a menu to put a "check mark" in a box for all the programs you want to delete. Then a confirmation message (yes or no) which now works after a reboot.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder why you can get the new menu but I seem to not get it. I have the right boxes but the same old menus. I wonder if this is a phased rollout where only a limited group of subscribers and boxes can get it.

[attachment=63][attachment=62][attachment=62][attachment=62]
Admin65 said:
I wonder why you can get the new menu but I seem to not get it. I have the right boxes but the same old menus. I wonder if this is a phased rollout where only a limited group of subscribers and boxes can get it.
I am in Carmel Valley and have a Cisco DVR. Maybe they are rolling it out in stages. I will try to add a photo of the new saved programs menu from my DVR.

Attachments

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
The new menus require DOCSIS on the boxes to be enabled, and mine are still using OOB. Apparently, TWC says there is an outage to my modem service and the TV service. Must be a DSG outage or DSG has not been enabled.

I did a reboot to fix the time issues. Afterward it looked OK (guide date and times matched up to clock), but after a few minutes my box became non-responsive to remote button pushes and suddenly rebooted again.

And presto I'm back to out-of-sync with the guide (the system is now +8 hours later again, but the clock shows the correct time).

I did another reboot Saturday morning (I left it because I had errands to run) and came back to no change in the situation. Is this a software glitch or is the box getting hosed?

BTW, I saw the new delete function screen. I hate it, far more button pushes and screens to navigate through (yeah, pun intended).

humdinger70 said:
I did a reboot to fix the time issues. Afterward it looked OK (guide date and times matched up to clock), but after a few minutes my box became non-responsive to remote button pushes and suddenly rebooted again.

And presto I'm back to out-of-sync with the guide (the system is now +8 hours later again, but the clock shows the correct time).

I did another reboot Saturday morning (I left it because I had errands to run) and came back to no change in the situation. Is this a software glitch or is the box getting hosed?

BTW, I saw the new delete function screen. I hate it, far more button pushes and screens to navigate through (yeah, pun intended).
Since the first hard reboot (unplug) of my box, the time issue has been fine. I had to do a second reboot to fix a button press issue. Now all is well.

And I agree about the extra button presses. The whole new system seems full of extra work. And what a pain to delete several different programs. Lots of buttons and check marks and extra button presses. Now when I want to delete something, I just use the older method. IE: Start the show, press stop, then Delete.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
My 8642HDC and Samsung 3272 did a reboot and my Cisco box has the new DVR menu. The OOB mode is set to DSG which means the DVR is now using the internal DOCSIS cable modem.

Edit: My Samsung DVR also has the new menu.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Had to reboot my Cisco 8642HDC as the guide would not load more than 1 or 2 days at a time, like a non DVR box, so I rebooted it (Samsung 3272 was fine). New menu will take some time getting used to. Next phase is Advanced Search which is coming soon that has Keyword Search. After Advanced Search is a new consolidated VOD menu that will consolidate all the VOD's into one channel and later on the new Enhanced Channel lineup, but not right now.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Also, my Grandma that has a Cisco 4640HDC has had the wrong time bug. I think this bug affects non MoCA boxes as my MoCA boxes never got it.

DRB

humdinger70 said:

My 8642HDC HD-DVR today also got the new navigator version with the new DVR recorded and scheduled show list format.

My box too has the correct Pacific Time zone on the front panel clock display, but the guide and DVR shows list appear to be on GMT (which is +8 hours from Pacific Time zone).
Pre-scheduled recordings for shows and series recordings have all recorded OK today with the GMT times.

I tried manually rebooting the box and that made the guide times match Pacific Time zone but the day was showing as one day ahead (+24 hours) - but the DVR show list for recordings and scheduled shows was still showing the GMT times.

Odd that the time issue wouldn't have been seen during pre-rollout testing, its pretty obvious?

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
The time issue seems to have happened in other regions in addition to san Diego. I did hear that twc is looking into such issues and fix them in a later update. Bright house is testing v7.2.0_10, and that might fix those issues. I don't recall my 3272 or 3260 having this issue so it could be limited to Cisco and sa boxes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 4

DRB

I did a hard reboot of my Cisco 8642HDC HD-DVR early this morning and after the 5minute reload, all the times and date were correct afterwards both in the guide and the DVR show list for recordings.
I just checked it again and they are all still correct - so keep trying with a manual hard reboot on the box if the times are wrong.
We shall see if it holds at least until the next automatic reboot...

Anyone else hate their new "Delete" programs menu. Twice now I accidentally deleted a show by somehow checking the box for a show I never wanted to delete.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Those with Cisco,Samsung and Motorola DCX-M boxes should have the new advanced search as pressed B on my Cisco 8642HDC and the search is all different. This new cloud based search function also brings back a former Passport feature called Keyword search.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I have the new advanced search function along with the new DVR menu and it's pretty cool. The new search is cloud based and has cover art and a what's hot category.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 4

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
ODN v7.2.0_11 is testing in some areas and San Diego should get it soon. This update is just another patch update to fix some of the issues with the current ODN release (v7.2.0_5)