Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Anybody have Webpass?

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Saw that Webpass is offering services to San Diego in MDU units downtown. Anybody have the service? Appears to use a wireless antenna and hooks up to a building and does not require a modem. I am creating a forum here, so you can discuss it, and if Google Fiber comes here, then there will be a forum for it.

Rick Shaw

Saw that Webpass is offering services to San Diego in MDU units downtown. Anybody have the service? Appears to use a wireless antenna and hooks up to a building and does not require a modem. I am creating a forum here, so you can discuss it, and if Google Fiber comes here, then there will be a forum for it.
From their FAQ. This leaves me out:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live in a single-family home. Why can't I get Webpass?

It’s not economical for our customers if we bring Webpass into single-family homes. Therefore, we service buildings with at least 10 units.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the wireless antenna needs to be in a certain range for the service to work, and there would have to be an antenna for each property. Each Webpass property uses an antenna with a special radio/modem to provide service to the whole building.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Webpass is definitely looking into expanding into more buildings, but they seem to be happy by not carrying any TV or phone service.