Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Audio Static on This TV 69.3

mprice

Has anyone else noticed audio static on This TV 69.3 for the last coouple of days? I receive this channel over the air but for some reason it has a good bit of audio static lately. I tried a couple of different TVs just to insure it was not the system I normally record on. Who would be the best person to contact about this? I tried to submit a notice on This TV web site but it bounced.

jay214128

mprice said:
Has anyone else noticed audio static on This TV 69.3 for the last coouple of days? I receive this channel over the air but for some reason it has a good bit of audio static lately. I tried a couple of different TVs just to insure it was not the system I normally record on. Who would be the best person to contact about this? I tried to submit a notice on This TV web site but it bounced.
You should contact the station directly and be persistent. They tend to ignore such issues the first few times. I don't watch/record ThisTV or Antenna TV from KSWB, but from KTLA instead just because the audio is poor on KSWB for those sub channels. It's always been too loud and distorted on Antenna, and has staticy pops on ThisTV.

mprice

jay214128 said:
mprice said:
You should contact the station directly and be persistent. They tend to ignore such issues the first few times. I don't watch/record ThisTV or Antenna TV from KSWB, but from KTLA instead just because the audio is poor on KSWB for those sub channels. It's always been too loud and distorted on Antenna, and has staticy pops on ThisTV.
Ah! Thats what I wanted to hear. I did notify the station last night and the person who responded forwarded my complaint to the engineering team. Let's see if they address it. I figure one email a day until they fix it should be a good start. Thx for the info.

mprice

mprice said:
jay214128 said:
mprice said:
Ah! Thats what I wanted to hear. I did notify the station last night and the person who responded forwarded my complaint to the engineering team. Let's see if they address it. I figure one email a day until they fix it should be a good start. Thx for the info.
I sent a follow-up email to the engineering team at KSWB on these two subchannels today. When I got home from work tonight and checked the audio, the problem had been corrected. I'll keep an eye out for any degredation, but I was surprised at the quick response from KSWB.

sdwulfdawg

mprice said:
mprice said:
jay214128 said:
mprice said:
I sent a follow-up email to the engineering team at KSWB on these two subchannels today. When I got home from work tonight and checked the audio, the problem had been corrected. I'll keep an eye out for any degredation, but I was surprised at the quick response from KSWB.
I've always had good sound on KSWB's subs....although I noticed the staticy sound....