Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Beavis and Butthead returns to MTV

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.mtv.com/shows/beavis_and_butthead/series.jhtml

It looks like the bungholes are back :). Beavis and Butt-head are finally returning to TV on 10.27. They won't just do Music Video reviews, and will focus on commercials, MTV reality TV, and even YouTube videos. It will also be in HD, but not 16:9 HD.

What I don't get is that, why wouldn't MTV format the most recent edition of Beavis & Butthead format it in 16:9. It seems like the majority of the time it's shown in windowbox.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Beavis and Butthead use a lot of windowbox SD content, as that is how MTV likes to film things. Same with videos. I guess they do not have the ability to show the 16:9 videos. Plus, I think Mike Judge wanted the 4:3 aspect ratio for various reasons (more animation, nostalgia).

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Not all MTV 16:9 SD shows are in windowbox. I believe 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom are in full frame 16:9 SD on MTV HD. Shows like that could go HD, but I am sure MTV does not want to spend the money to do so. Lots of cameras can do HD nowadays. Even my Galaxy Nexus will do 1080p on the rear facing camera. Same with the iPhone 4S.