Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Clear QAM no HD channels

paycoguy

I used to have HSI with cox was able to access their clear QAM HD channels. I just switched to TWC HSI and I'm able to access only the SD clear QAM channels. When I go to silicondust.com's channel lineup, it says that I'm supposed to get 18-1711 KPBS 1920x1080i, but my digital tuner can't display it. Is TWC still showing these channels in the clear, or is there something wrong with my tuner?

paycoguy

Yup. I'm seeing some channels coming in through clear QAM, but none of them are HD. I used to get local HD channels when I was subscribed to cox HSI.

DRB

TWC may have filters for non-TV subscriber installations that are blocking out the lower frequency band (analog channels) and TWC may now carry the local HD channels within that band.
Cox cable may have used higher frequencies for those channels in comparison.

paycoguy

I suspect you may be right. I'm only getting QAM channels 78 and above. Based on silicondust's channel lineup, the QAM HD channels are inconveniently located between 12-23. Anyone know a good way to remove these filters?

Rick Shaw

paycoguy said:
I suspect you may be right. I'm only getting QAM channels 78 and above. Based on silicondust's channel lineup, the QAM HD channels are inconveniently located between 12-23. Anyone know a good way to remove these filters?
Order the service. TWC will remove the filter(s). :)