Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Comcast gets OK to buy NBC

ccarmichael

KNSD-TV will have a new owner ... as Comcast gets approval to buy the television network.

Comcast, one of the biggest cable outlets, increases its size with Sy-Fy, USA, and other cable offerings in addition to NBC. GE will exit the media ownership sometime the first half of 2011.

I wasn't for this as to much control of TV channels, bandwidth, and other concerns wasn't in the best means, in my view, for consumers. :(

Don't give them any ideas. They may be in the mood for saving money by making KNSD a station in name only - firing all the staff and having the news people from LA do the local news (hey it worked for the weather segment, right? :p).

Rick Shaw

humdinger70 said:
Don't give them any ideas. They may be in the mood for saving money by making KNSD a station in name only - firing all the staff and having the news people from LA do the local news (hey it worked for the weather segment, right? :p).
I chuckle every time Fritz says "Here in the Gaslamp District..." And, the NBC Evening News regularly busts them, referring to "KNBC's Fritz Coleman."

I can't remember the last time I fully watched a KNSD newscast from beginning to end. The lack of HD news as of right now is probably the main reason why I haven't watched such a newscast from that station. Plus the fact that the weather segment being done from KNBC in Los Angeles doesn't help. I'm not anti Fritz Coleman or anything, but weather segments should be done in the town where the station is broadcasting from.

Rick Shaw

bookertdub said:
I can't remember the last time I fully watched a KNSD newscast from beginning to end. The lack of HD news as of right now is probably the main reason why I haven't watched such a newscast from that station. Plus the fact that the weather segment being done from KNBC in Los Angeles doesn't help. I'm not anti Fritz Coleman or anything, but weather segments should be done in the town where the station is broadcasting from.
Yeah, the NWS forecast looks so much different on an L.A based computer than on a San Diego based computer. :rolleyes:

Read it for yourself at http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/

[And it's "...from where the station is broadcasting."]