Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

FS San Diego

SatViewer

bookertdub said:
DirecTV has launched the placeholder channel for FSN San Diego on ch 694 (standard def)/694-1 (high definition for live sporting events only). No programming on it yet, but it does actually list it as Fox Sports San Diego.
Part time, as predicted on here by many. At least we know we are good to go. Now if they can just field some product.

Anyone else getting the vibe that TWC customers might be getting the shaft here? U-Verse isn't exactly up to the plate either.

Perhaps I'm reading into this a bit too much into this, but I just perused the legal notice for Time Warner Cable, and noticed that ABC Family Channel is moving from ch. 35 to ch. 67 (I would imagine that the corresponding HD channels would move as well) on or around April 5th. April 5th just so happens to be the Padres season opener.

Time Warner Cable San Diego-Legal Notice

I remember the issues (or so we thought) when the Padres moved into Petco back in 2004. Cox was definitely showing Padres games on 4SD in HD (this was pre-season) and Time-Warner was not. We were all concerned about whether or not we'd be in a bad split situation.

Never was an issue. On Opening Day, channel 704 was on TWC and we saw all the games that 4SD carried. That year and every year afterward. The carriage agreement probably was long signed but TWC didn't want to advertise it.

SatViewer

Anyone else catch the game in HD???

Also, it's now official that its a game only channel on DirecTV because of the programing overlap with Prime Ticket. Everyone else so far is getting Prime Ticket San Diego... I mean Fox Sports San Diego 24/7.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/mar/17/padres-start-fast-fox-tv-debut/

While Cox didn’t carry the Padres in high definition Saturday night, DirecTV did on Channel 694-1. DirecTV also beamed the game into Las Vegas. But FSSD’s Tweet said DirecTV would be carrying only the televised games at the moment and not the full FSSD package.

Micawber

SatViewer said:
Anyone else catch the game in HD???

Also, it's now official that its a game only channel on DirecTV because of the programing overlap with Prime Ticket. Everyone else so far is getting Prime Ticket San Diego... I mean Fox Sports San Diego 24/7.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/mar/17/padres-start-fast-fox-tv-debut/

While Cox didn’t carry the Padres in high definition Saturday night, DirecTV did on Channel 694-1. DirecTV also beamed the game into Las Vegas. But FSSD’s Tweet said DirecTV would be carrying only the televised games at the moment and not the full FSSD package.
It is on Cox North now showing Saturday's game with KC.

toy4two

I am watching Padres in HD on Directv channel 694-1. The commercial said they will be showing Clippers and Lakers as well as the Padres on this channel. No mention of SDSU or anything else.

toy4two said:
I am watching Padres in HD on Directv channel 694-1. The commercial said they will be showing Clippers and Lakers as well as the Padres on this channel. No mention of SDSU or anything else.
Remember, NBA and NHL games won't be on 694-1. They'll be seen on Prime Ticket (ch. 693). Those advertisements for NBA and NHL games you see are directed towards Cox Communications subscribers.