Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

KNSD audio

Marco

New Member
Has anyone noticed how much lower KNSD sets their audio for programming and local newscasts? Every time I tune into KNSD I have to turn up the volume. When I switch to another channel, I have to immediately turn it down because it is loud. I don't have this problem if I switch from CBS 8 to ABC 10 or KUSI.
 

Rick Shaw

Member
Marco said:
Has anyone noticed how much lower KNSD sets their audio for programming and local newscasts? Every time I tune into KNSD I have to turn up the volume. When I switch to another channel, I have to immediately turn it down because it is loud. I don't have this problem if I switch from CBS 8 to ABC 10 or KUSI.
I haven't noticed a difference. How is your audio set up?
 

Marco

New Member
Rick Shaw said:
Marco said:
Has anyone noticed how much lower KNSD sets their audio for programming and local newscasts? Every time I tune into KNSD I have to turn up the volume. When I switch to another channel, I have to immediately turn it down because it is loud. I don't have this problem if I switch from CBS 8 to ABC 10 or KUSI.
I haven't noticed a difference. How is your audio set up?
I've got a Bose Solo TV sound system connected to my tv via an optical audio cable. I've had this setup for three or four months now and I really started to notice a difference over the last month or so. Funny thing is that this only happens on KNSD, for me at least.
 

Rick Shaw

Member
Marco said:
Rick Shaw said:
Marco said:
Has anyone noticed how much lower KNSD sets their audio for programming and local newscasts? Every time I tune into KNSD I have to turn up the volume. When I switch to another channel, I have to immediately turn it down because it is loud. I don't have this problem if I switch from CBS 8 to ABC 10 or KUSI.
I haven't noticed a difference. How is your audio set up?
I've got a Bose Solo TV sound system connected to my tv via an optical audio cable. I've had this setup for three or four months now and I really started to notice a difference over the last month or so. Funny thing is that this only happens on KNSD, for me at least.
I'm using my TV speakers for PCM stereo only. I bet that is the difference. The DD5.1 is being processed differently.
 
Top