Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

KNSD News Now in HD

Rick Shaw

Tuned into tonight's (Saturday, 01/29) KNSD News at 11, and was surprised to see it in 16:9 HD. All remotes, taped segments, and imported weather forecast are still 4:3 SD, however.

'Bought time, KNSD.

paco

Rick Shaw said:
Tuned into tonight's (Saturday, 01/29) KNSD News at 11, and was surprised to see it in 16:9 HD. All remotes, taped segments, and imported weather forecast are still 4:3 SD, however.

'Bought time, KNSD.
Is that right? I will have to check it out tonight!

londawg

paco said:
Rick Shaw said:

'Bought time, KNSD.
Finally!,
They're the last news show in San Diego to go Hidef, now they need to work on defusing the studio lights, have you noticed they all have a glazed look to their eyes, especially Susan Taylor, her eyes looked blood shot tonight. ahh the hazards of hidef cameras!

Brewster

londawg said:
paco said:
Rick Shaw said:

'Bought time, KNSD.
Finally!,
They're the last news show in San Diego to go Hidef, now they need to work on defusing the studio lights, have you noticed they all have a glazed look to their eyes, especially Susan Taylor, her eyes looked blood shot tonight. ahh the hazards of hidef cameras!
Susan probably has it written into her contract that a camera cannot come closer than ___ feet from her. Her age really shows on closeups.

Rick Shaw

paco said:
Rick Shaw said:

'Bought time, KNSD.
They had some minor audio problems Saturday night, but they seem to have corrected them. A rather smooth debut, IMO. Most remotes are now 16:9, but the imported weather is still 4:3. Guess their link from LA is SD only.

Rick Shaw

humdinger70 said:
Did they even announce that they were (finally!) going HD on any prior newscasts? Or did they just switch it on?
I didn't hear anything. I just tuned in at 11pm on Saturday night, and there they were. No fanfare during that newscast, either. The anchor and the sports dude joked a little about it just before the sports segment, but that's about it. I was sure that I had somehow hit the wrong button on my remote.

Other thing I've noticed is that KNSD has dropped the "NBC 7/39" identifier and have replaced it with "NBC San Diego." Even on radio commercials to promote "Wheel of Fortune" & "Jeopardy" or their 11pm newscast, the announcer on the radio commercial just simply said NBC San Diego.