Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

KZSDLD, KZSDLD2, KZSDLD3, KZSDLD4

bigbillsd

I have been seeing these new channels in my guide for a couple months now and am finally asking what the heck they are?

So currently my guide is showing two channels for each of the 10-1, 10-2, 10-3 and 10.4 The usual KGTVDTx and the KZSDLDx for each of them

What the heck are these? Should I contact my guide provider to have them removed or is something going to happen with these?

Thanks, Bill

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
According to Wikipedia, KZSD-LD seems to be a translator for KGTV-DT for areas that have trouble receiving KGTV-DT like RB, and El Cajon.

bigbillsd

Thanks, I see that. I wonder why the use the word translator, sounds more like a repeater. Unless they are actually translating it into Spanish or something. Thanks Again, Bill

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I see that. I wonder why the use the word translator, sounds more like a repeater. Unless they are actually translating it into Spanish or something. Thanks Again, Bill
It is a common word for repeater. Nothing is translated just that KGTV thought it would be nice to have a station for those who only use UHF or cannot get signals from Soledad.