Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

KZTC Channel 7 Poway

sdwulfdawg

Apparently Entravision, which owns XETV and XHDTV have leased Poway's low power analog station, KZTC, to rebroadcast XHDTV channel 49.2 with their MundoFOX station here in San Diego....

I guess this will give the financial backing for KZTC to put their low power signal to digital and then abandon their analog 7 position.

The biggest thing is then channel 7 won't be blocking KABC from coming into San Diego.

rdehaven

sdwulfdawg said:
Apparently Entravision, which owns XETV and XHDTV have leased Poway's low power analog station, KZTC, to rebroadcast XHDTV channel 49.2 with their MundoFOX station here in San Diego....

I guess this will give the financial backing for KZTC to put their low power signal to digital and then abandon their analog 7 position.

The biggest thing is then channel 7 won't be blocking KABC from coming into San Diego.
Lately I've been able to receive KABC again from my place in La Mesa. Did channel 7 on Mt Woodson go dark? What are the chances of that channel being used again. Since I have line of site with Mt Woodson and it's sort of in line with LA it's hard for me to avoid the co-channel interference.

jay214128

Lately I've been able to receive KABC again from my place in La Mesa. Did channel 7 on Mt Woodson go dark? What are the chances of that channel being used again. Since I have line of site with Mt Woodson and it's sort of in line with LA it's hard for me to avoid the co-channel interference.
KZTC's transmitter was back on again last night. No more KABC. :-(

psa1964

We're receiving KABC-7 signal again, yesterday and today, now that San Diego analog channel 7 (KZTC??? - repeater of Fox Mundo which is also available as HD 49.2 XHDTV from Tecate, Baja California, Mexico). Hope FCC will remove San Diego channel 7 so we can continue to enjoy KABC-7.

rdehaven

I checked for KABC today and I was not able to watch. I'm trying to watch the LA news for updates on the Mountain Center fire. Today I can watch 5, 9, 11 and 13 but no 7 or 4.

sdwulfdawg

rdehaven said:
I checked for KABC today and I was not able to watch. I'm trying to watch the LA news for updates on the Mountain Center fire. Today I can watch 5, 9, 11 and 13 but no 7 or 4.

Same here....

I've been really enjoying KCET and KLCS as well.....

Today AMG-TV from (KYMB-TV or KNLA-TV ch. 27) was coming in here in Granite Hills on ch. 27.2

riverplate

I am in Point Loma on top of the Hill. I get just about everything with an antenna at 35 feet from the ground plus the 216 feet above sea level I get all of Tijuana, San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and get this, also get Santa Barbara. To watch ALL of L.A. get a rotor and point West of Mount Soledad.
[hr]
I believe that is relevant what I am adding to the reply. All of them are coming at 90+ signal strength