Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

LA stations

Zar

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Los Angeles stations from N. County? I would like to try but only if it is possible.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
My aunt has OTA and she lives near the coast and can get LA stations. If you live closer to the coast, then it is easier to get LA stations. You could run TV Fool and see what you can get.

Zar

I see the they are mostly 2 edge stations over 90 miles away in the opposite direction my antennas are pointing. Probably not worth trying. My antenna setup is working good but I still want to tweek it and experiment.

Badgerfan

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting Los Angeles stations from N. County? I would like to try but only if it is possible.
I don't, but my family does in Paradise Hills. They are at about 500' MSL.

sdmedia

On most days at the border of Lemon Grove and San Diego I get clear reception of 2, 4, 5, 13 and 58 from LA (PSIPs, not actual channels). This is with an outdoor antenna sitting on a ladder, about 5' above the ground, angled about 15 degrees up from horizontal, pointed (manually) at mt. Wilson. (can't recall the make/model of antenna now, but it is about 3' x 4' with 6 bow-tie type elements)

jay214128

Yes, I regularly record from the LA stations (KCBS, KNBC, KTLA, KTTV, KCOP, KPXN, KOCE, KDOC, KLCS). KCAL, KABC, and other suffer from too much cochannel interference from local "noise" channels.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, it seems that most people can easily get LA channels if they live near the coast.

jay214128

Starting on February 8, 2019, I started having difficulties receiving KTLA (ch 31). I suspected that some other TV station started broadcasting on channel 31 causing cochannel interference. However, I cannot identify any other channels that are planned to move to channel 31, other than KCBS, after KTLA moves to channel 35. Anyone know where the channel 31 interference source is?

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Starting on February 8, 2019, I started having difficulties receiving KTLA (ch 31). I suspected that some other TV station started broadcasting on channel 31 causing cochannel interference. However, I cannot identify any other channels that are planned to move to channel 31, other than KCBS, after KTLA moves to channel 35. Anyone know where the channel 31 interference source is?
KSDY-LD (50) and KTCD-LD (46) are both on CH. 31 so that is why you are getting interference. KSDY is on Mt. Miguel where all the other SD UHF stations are located. KSDY is currently running at 15kw and has a range of 34 miles.

jay214128

Thanks. It is either KSDY-LD or possibly KTCD-LP. I also see that KVSD-LD will be moving to channel 35, so it looks like KTLA is lost for good :-(. I really wish these low power noise sources would go away. They are not receivable anyway (cochannel interference cuts both ways). KPXN and KCBS will also be lost.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I believe KTCD is on Mt Woodson running Univision? KSDY runs Bereavision and spanish programming from Milenio TV (XHDTV-TDT) is also an affiliate. Bereavision can be streamed live on UStream.tv.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly the 600 MHz transition for the cell phone companies is making it hard for OTA.

Last edited: