Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Looks like TW may have messed up our QAM tuners again

The last 2 days, NBC 39 HD stopped and was shown on 79-356. Today, many more channels were lost on my QAM tuner. KUSI is 79-359 today rather than 51. 8-1 (CDS HD is gone. 10.1 is gone. So I did another full rescan and 51 and 39 are still missing but most channels are elsewhere again. Up in the 77 to 79's or so. Anyone map these out yet. Anyone else have the same QAM issues?

DRB

I checked on my two HDTVs with built-in clear QAM tuners today on TWC.
My one year old Panasonic plasma HDTV still tunes to all the clear QAM channels with the original numbers: 6-1, 8-1, 8-2, 10-1, 15-1, 39-1, 39-2, 69-1, 69-2, etc.
But my 2 year old Samsung LCD HDTV lost all the old QAM channels except for 8-1 and 69-2.
I just did a full new channel scan on the Samsung and found all the clear HD QAM channels in the 79-xxx range.
Looks like some TVs aren't getting the PSIP info (that gives the virtual channel numbers like 8-1, 10-1, etc) correctly?
Hopefully TWC will update those channels info soon.
But strangely my Panasonic plasma TV still has all the virtual channel numbers as before and I didn't have to rescan it.

DRB said:
I checked on my two HDTVs with built-in clear QAM tuners today on TWC.
My one year old Panasonic plasma HDTV still tunes to all the clear QAM channels with the original numbers: 6-1, 8-1, 8-2, 10-1, 15-1, 39-1, 39-2, 69-1, 69-2, etc.
But my 2 year old Samsung LCD HDTV lost all the old QAM channels except for 8-1 and 69-2.
I just did a full new channel scan on the Samsung and found all the clear HD QAM channels in the 79-xxx range.
Looks like some TVs aren't getting the PSIP info (that gives the virtual channel numbers like 8-1, 10-1, etc) correctly?
Hopefully TWC will update those channels info soon.
But strangely my Panasonic plasma TV still has all the virtual channel numbers as before and I didn't have to rescan it.
Thanks for confirming this. And I have 3 newer Samsung TV's and all lost their PSIP info. This morning I could still find most channels in the local HD channels in the 77-*** or 78-*** range. Then a bit later this morning, some of them disappeared again totally. Un-tuneable. Even manually. I hope it's just TW fixing things. I will wait a few hours and re-scan to see if TW has fixed the problem.

DRB

I noticed today this issue seems to be resolved.
My Samsung LCD HDTV picked up all the original PSIP virtual channels for the free clear QAM HD channels today after a new rescan (6-1, 8-1, 10-1, 15-1, 39-1, 69-1)
Thruout the past few days my Panasonic Plasma HDTV never lost the channel numbers and didn't require a rescan at all.