Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Missing digital HD channels today

DRB

I noticed a few digital HD channels on TWC missing since late last night and still today so far (only black screen) with my HD-DVR box.
I've rebooted the box and nothing changed.

The HD channels that only give a black screen and no audio I have found so far are:
channel 737 (Fox News)
channel 752 (FX)
channel 756 (History Channel)

The SD version of these channels work fine.
Can anyone else confirm that these particular channels (and/or others) aren't tuning today on their HD-DVR box?

DRB said:
I noticed a few digital HD channels on TWC missing since late last night and still today so far (only black screen) with my HD-DVR box.
I've rebooted the box and nothing changed.

The HD channels that only give a black screen and no audio I have found so far are:
channel 737 (Fox News)
channel 752 (FX)
channel 756 (History Channel)

The SD version of these channels work fine.
Can anyone else confirm that these particular channels (and/or others) aren't tuning today on their HD-DVR box?
Mine are still out as of noon. And about 4 or 5 more. So I called TW. I decided to get a credit. They want to charge me top of the line prices (including for a modem), then let them give me top of the line service. Or a credit when they fail to provide quality service.

DRB

I noticed the missing channels all came back for me a few minutes ago, right after noon.
Keep monitoring to see if others have any issues.
All these channel issues seem to have started last week after TWC San Diego moved around the channel frequency assignments.

stevo

I saw these same issues with HD channels not working over the last couple of days (including 705). In addition, I had HD recording series start listing the channel to be recorded as "-1". The DVR recording log then says the show wasn't recorded because (duh) "the channel does not exist.". Saw this on HBOHD, COMHD and LifetimeHD. I had to delete and then recreate the series since the series manager doesn't let you modify the channel. Anyone else see this "-1" channel issue? I had COMHD (Daily Show) revert back to channel "-1" even after deleting the series and recreating a new one with the correct channel.

ttweed

Likewise here--I have had 705 just turn to a black screen while I was watching it lately, including just this morning, as if the signal was suddenly lost, plus many cases of "channel not available at this time" messages when trying to tune other HD channels. They need to get their sh!t together at TWC! I am also experiencing unexplained and random slowdowns in my internet service lately. We're paying through the nose for this cable service, but the network performance seems to be getting worse all the time. :-(

TT

ttweed said:
Likewise here--I have had 705 just turn to a black screen while I was watching it lately, including just this morning, as if the signal was suddenly lost, plus many cases of "channel not available at this time" messages when trying to tune other HD channels. They need to get their sh!t together at TWC! I am also experiencing unexplained and random slowdowns in my internet service lately. We're paying through the nose for this cable service, but the network performance seems to be getting worse all the time. :-(

TT
I too lost a lot of HD channels during breakfast this morning on a TV connected directly to the cable. Suddenly lost the picture and a low signal message came up. It happened on and off for a good half hour. Then I could not get KUSI HD back without another aggravating full channel scan.

DRB

Last night I had my HD-DVR set to record ABC-HD (710) at 8PM for "Last Resort" and the channel apparently wasn't tuning while other channels were OK.
I had to reset the box to get it back and so I only got the last half of the episode recorded.
I hope these strange channel tuning problems are fixed soon, they started last week with the channel frequency changes.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Time Warner has a twitter feed that is dedicated to customer issues.

http://www.twitter.com/twcablehelp

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Realigning the channels caused my InfiniTV4 to lose channels. Thankfully, a call to TWC got my CableCARD working!