Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

New TWC Enhanced channel lineup

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe, TWC is holding off on new program guide updates until the merger gets completed.

Satch

Admin65 said:
Maybe, TWC is holding off on new program guide updates until the merger gets completed.
Not from what I have heard from the companies

It will take five years IF the merger gets approved, and Comcast, TWC, and Charter in the Comcast spin-off mostly Midwest markets will be focusing on the Super Fast Internet and national channel line-up. Only the buildings, billing logos, and names on the trucks and guides will be the things subscribers will notice for several years, if the merger is accepted.

Satch

kevinc

kevinc said:
Admin65 said:
My Media center machine had no problems with the new lineup... I also get the HD feeds by default.
Likewise. However, I use the Ceton My Media Center App to control Media Center recordings etc. from iPhone and from Windows 8 PC and there is at least one minor quirk with the lineup: If I set it to record channel ABC/KGTV by setting channel 1200 rather than 10 Ceton MMC converts this to channel 1241, which is in fact not channel 10 but one of the KGTV sub-channels. This does not happen when I set it directly in Media Center. I'm not sure where the bug is in this but luckily the other channels I use regularly seem to map correctly and now I know about this one. Anyway, if you're using Ceton MMC apps I'd recommend checking it's mapping to the right channels you use before relying on it.
By way of update WMC now shows only one source for TWC cablecard - TWC San Diego Digital - so I've done a rescan (TV Signal Setup) in WMC using that and it has fixed my issues. If you have a cablecard, it's time to update.

DRB

I just noticed that after the recent firmware update the other day, that now the TWC guide on my DVR has a new option for displaying channels in alphabetic channel name order that doesn't show the channel numbers...

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed it too, but my ODN boxes have not been updated other than being rebooted for the new Channel lineup.

Some how I lost CNBC cable channel 49 on my Samsung with QAM tuner. I still get Fox 37, CNN 26 etc. Anyone know if it's still available and where? I don't care if it's HD.

DRB

fblack_111 said:
Some how I lost CNBC cable channel 49 on my Samsung with QAM tuner. I still get Fox 37, CNN 26 etc. Anyone know if it's still available and where? I don't care if it's HD.
Months ago TWC eliminated CNBC analog channel 49 that was picked up with analog/clear-QAM TV tuners.
Now its a digital HD channel that is not clear-QAM so you need a TWC cable box to get it.
Fox 37 and CNN 26 are still available as analog channels for now.

DRB said:
fblack_111 said:
Months ago TWC eliminated CNBC analog channel 49 that was picked up with analog/clear-QAM TV tuners.
Now its a digital HD channel that is not clear-QAM so you need a TWC cable box to get it.
Fox 37 and CNN 26 are still available as analog channels for now.
Thanks. I totally forgot.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Some channels got moved into the sub 100's, and some new HD channels are here including HDNet Movies, AXS TV, and RFD TV. Of course, those on TWC plans cannot access them, but hopefully they will be turned on soon. A ton of HD's were added! :)