Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Nomorobo Now Built Into TWC Phone Service (Stop Telemarketers!)

Satch

Guys,

What's up? This is just a heads up that TWC has now integrated Nomorobo, "The Telemarketor Terminator" into its Home Phone Voice Zone settings! It is turned off by default, but if you register with a TWC account, or log into the TWC My Account (My Services) site, you can go to your Home Phone Voice Zone settings to turn on Nomorobo. Here's how to sign up for Nomorobo: (It is free.)

1.) Sign up or Log into TWC My Account Page
2.) Go to Home Phone
3.) Go to Voice Zone Settings
4.) Caller Privacy Area should have "Nomorerobo" turned off by default
5.) Click on "Edit"
6.) Follow the prompts to turn it on and accept the conditions for use
7.) Accept "Answer Anywhere" to be turned on. (Needed for Nomorobo to work.)
8.) Save your changes

That's it! Nomorerobo is now activated. You will get an email from nomorobo on how to use the service. All you have to remember is if you have an answering machine or TWC Voice Mail activated, you MUST allow one ring to go through on your phone before pick up on the call. Nomorobo needs one ring to determine if it is a good or Telemarketer call. If it is a Telemarketer call, the phone will ring once, and the call will be blocked, so that the call spammer can not leave a message. If it is a good call, the phone will ring a second time, and will proceed as it should. Calls from doctors' offices, perscription reminders, school closings, are always allowed through. Nomorobo blocks only those blacklisted calls that are in it's 60 million (and counting!) number database! If Caller ID is activated on your TV, the number will show when it comes through on the screen and in the Call Log. However, the call itself will be blocked after the first ring of your phone,

Here is more information from TWC about Nomorobo:

http://www.twcableuntangled.com/2016/01/enroll-online-today-to-end-home-robocalls/

I highly recommend activating this service!

Satch

If one of their blacklisted numbers calls you, does it still ring once? I have used Panasonic phones bought at Costco to block calls. Their older phones used to ring once too. But newer ones that block calls and complete area codes have that first ring set to a "silent" ring. So it blocks saved robo and spam phone numbers without even that first annoying ring.

Satch

If one of their blacklisted numbers calls you, does it still ring once? I have used Panasonic phones bought at Costco to block calls. Their older phones used to ring once too. But newer ones that block calls and complete area codes have that first ring set to a "silent" ring. So it blocks saved robo and spam phone numbers without even that first annoying ring.
That's good!

Yea, Nomorobo needs the first ring to determine if the call is good or not, and TWC "Answer Anywhere" for it to work. Nomorobo works on a simultaneous ring principle. Your phone rings once, (or in this case all the phones connected to the same number ring once via Answer Anywhere.) Nomorobo rings at its headquarters to determine the legitimacy of the call and what to do with it. The one ring than silence for a spammy call. I guess it's a good way to show that it is working. You're right though that some customers don't even want that first ring to go through on a Telemarketer's call.

Satch

carlsbadboltfan

Wow...this is a great idea. Can't tell you how many calls I get from people peddling services for solar energy. I'm all for going solar, but one company in particular keeps calling. I finally had it and started really giving it to the telemarketer.

Going to research it more before flipping the switch.

Rick Shaw

Wow...this is a great idea. Can't tell you how many calls I get from people peddling services for solar energy. I'm all for going solar, but one company in particular keeps calling. I finally had it and started really giving it to the telemarketer.

Going to research it more before flipping the switch.
Tell them that you don't own, you rent. Since their scam doesn't work on renters, they'll leave you alone.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
We get telemarketers who call us and when they leave a message it is just blank.