Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Official TWC CableCard Thread

kevinc

Admin65 said:
My tuning adapter seems to have problems as well.
Both my TAs showed multiple access and subscription errors on July 5, even after rebooting. Normally means a staging issue or something like that at TWC's end I think. As a result I was getting "Copying prohibited" messages in WMC when trying to watch or record live TV. It may have done something to the "handshake" between my tuners and WMC as well, because I continued to get "copying prohibited" errors even when I repeated the TV signal setup in WMC - I'm guessing something had thrown Playready out of phase. I used System Restore in Windows to roll back to a recent good restore point, did the necessary Windows updates and things seem to have been ok since with no new errors in the TA and cablecard logs and no new recording or live tv errors.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Unplugging the tuning adapter, reinserting the cablecard, and rebooting the PC fixed my problem.

kevinc

Admin65 said:
Unplugging the tuning adapter, reinserting the cablecard, and rebooting the PC fixed my problem.
These errors continue to occur for me every couple of weeks with my Silicondust Prime tuners and the logs frequently show the card resets. Based on this thread at the Silicondust forum: http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15391&p=90035&hilit=reset+time+warner#p90035 I am clearly not alone - this is a TWC thing around the country. I am not sure whether it is specific to the Silicondust tuners or applies to others. I have an open trouble support ticket at Silicondust as do others, and I will report back if I learn anything useful.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
There is also a bug in the Cisco tuning adapter that causes some recording issues. That bug is being addressed by Cisco and will be pushed in a new TA firmware update. Whether or not TWC will deploy this update and a new CableCARD update, remains to be seen.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Also, TWC San Diego is on v1.5.3.0601 for the CableCARD FW. Hopefully, TWC will deploy v1.5.3.1101 which is guaranteed compatible with 6 tuner Tivo Roamio boxes.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC has updated all the CableCARD's to v1.5.3_F.p.1101 (v1.5.3.1101). This ensures 6 tuner compatibility with Tivo Roamio Plus and Roamio Pro devices.

kevinc

Does anyone know if TW intend to update our Cisco TAs from the current firmware (STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601) to STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1901? I've read that this may reduce the annoying instances of "Requested channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" from the cablecard. That at best results in WMC/Silcondust's Prime bumping and trying the next available tuner available, which then works, but even with my 6-tuner system sometimes I don't have a "spare" tuner to pick it up and that causes me to miss something.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC is probably testing it, but Cisco has yet another firmware update for the TA's that also fix bugs as well.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
My tuning adapter for time Warner has the latest fw. Time Warner seems to be good with updating cable cards and tuning adapters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kevinc

Admin65 said:
My tuning adapter for time Warner has the latest fw. Time Warner seems to be good with updating cable cards and tuning adapters.

Yes mine are now showing PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101, though I understand that this version may have some issues with the emergency message broadcast EAS system on TWC... waiting for each weekly broadcast with some trepidation...

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Even leased devices could be affected as they too have that version. Ceton has a disable eas forwarding option.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
kevinc said:
Admin65 said:

Yes mine are now showing PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101, though I understand that this version may have some issues with the emergency message broadcast EAS system on TWC... waiting for each weekly broadcast with some trepidation...
Cisco now has PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1201 (1.5.3.1201) that fixes a bunch of bugs with copy once and other various bugs. Comcast is testing it, and I am sure TWC might deploy it, if they do another EPG update on their OCAP boxes.