Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Quick poll of the TiVO users here...

Joshuarat

New Member
For the folks who have Series 4 TiVO's...

Can you tell me what your current software version is?

This will help me out with some testing - I know what I have...but no clue what is out there in the wild...

Thanks!
 

Micawber

New Member
Joshuarat said:
For the folks who have Series 4 TiVO's...

Can you tell me what your current software version is?

This will help me out with some testing - I know what I have...but no clue what is out there in the wild...

Thanks!
20.2-01-2-746
 
Micawber said:
Joshuarat said:
For the folks who have Series 4 TiVO's...

Can you tell me what your current software version is?

This will help me out with some testing - I know what I have...but no clue what is out there in the wild...

Thanks!
20.2-01-2-746
Everyone not in a beta test, should be on 20.2 with a retail series 4
 
Just out of curiosity what is the current CableCARD Firmware in San Diego?

In Phoenix it is:
H/W Model: 800 (CC) & 802 (CoxDVR/STB), Ver: 0012
Bldr Ver: 124
OS Ver: PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1601
Build Time: Jun 19 2009

And what is the current Tuning Adapter firmware?

In Phoenix it is:
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1402 - 05/27/11
 

Micawber

New Member
Bryan_CoxPHX said:
Just out of curiosity what is the current CableCARD Firmware in San Diego?

In Phoenix it is:
H/W Model: 800 (CC) & 802 (CoxDVR/STB), Ver: 0012
Bldr Ver: 124
OS Ver: PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1601
Build Time: Jun 19 2009

And what is the current Tuning Adapter firmware?

In Phoenix it is:
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1402 - 05/27/11
North San Diego Cox:

TA Flash STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1402

CableCard:

HW Model: 0800 Ver 0012
Bldr Ver 124
OS PKEY 1.5.2_F.p.1601
Build Time June 19, 2009
 
According to an anonymous source, the TiVo software update coming around March 31st to address the Cox MPEG4 issue will be SW Vers: 20.2.1.M4-01-2-7xx (where xx is the TiVo model # reference). It is also possible this reported SW Ver# is the beta being tested, and the final release will have a different number.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9009560#post9009560
 

Joshuarat

New Member
So...the official roll out ought to start pretty soon...anyone happen to be part of a test batch that has recieved the new software early?
 
Joshuarat said:
So...the official roll out ought to start pretty soon...anyone happen to be part of a test batch that has recieved the new software early?
I received it yesterday in Phoenix
http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/service-updates/index.html

Cox MPEG4 (H.264) Plus Package HD Channels Fixed w/ SW Vers. 20.2.1.1

RE: The "Spring Update" SW Vers. 20.2.1.1-01-2-7xx

I am VERY happy to confirm the issue with the Cox H.264 Plus Package HD Channels have been Fixed with the latest SW release.

It appears that part of the problem was TiVo's inability to handle copy protection on the H.264 channels. Before the "Spring Update" all H.264 channels were reported as 0x00 (CopyFreely) by the TiVo Diagnostics while the CableCard Diagnostic reported 0x02 (CopyOnce) which was the correct value.

After the Update, TiVo Diagnostics now reports 0x02 the same value as the CableCARD.
[hr]
What are the chances we will see Cox OnDemand on the TiVo next.

Is that project still in the works?
http://cox.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=517
 

Joshuarat

New Member
Great news Bryan! (Both that its rolling out, and that it has fixed the MPEG4 issue for you!)

I can't really speak to the Tivo/VOD project, have not been involved in it at all. Other than the announcement and some general forum tickles here and there, whatever is going on with it hasn't trickled down to the 'Ok, we're ready get this in homes' stage where I'd know what was going on. Sorry.
 
Top