Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

SB6183

Rick Shaw

fblack_111 said:
Per the Best Buy web site, they say it's available for immediate pickup in at least La Jolla and CMR. My concern is that TW is so far away from rolling out their highest speeds, that I will be past the return date if the 6183 fails. So I plan to wait until their new speed roll out before I buy one.
In stock at Amazon. $129.99 + free shipping. Free Prime shipping available, too.

Fry's has an ad today for a Netgear CM400 for $79.99. Not too bad a price. Not sure about Netgear's newer modems. I think speed wise it compares to the 6141.

Rick Shaw

fblack_111 said:
Fry's has an ad today for a Netgear CM400 for $79.99. Not too bad a price. Not sure about Netgear's  newer modems. I think speed wise it compares to the 6141.
Yeah. They're both 8x4. I got the SB6141 when it dropped to $77 for a day about 3 weeks ago at Amazon. Amazon also has the CM400 at $79.98 with free shipping.

My older Belkin 750 Router with gigabit ports died yesterday. So I installed a new Netgear Router I bought as a backup in 2013. Turns out it does not have gigabit ports. Only 100Mbps ports. Does that mean if I want to upgrade my TW Internet speed over 100 (when it's available) I need a new router in addition to a new modem?

I stopped by Best Buy at CMR yesterday. They had the 6183 modems in stock on their shelf for $129. They also had then 6141 but they were a bit more than Costco's price. Now if Time Warner would just get their act together and roll out some higher speeds.

Rick Shaw

fblack_111 said:
I stopped by Best Buy at CMR yesterday. They had the 6183 modems in stock on their shelf for $129.  They also had then 6141 but they were a bit more than Costco's price. Now if Time Warner would just get their act together and roll out some higher speeds.
Still haven't seen anything in the vicinity of the $77 I paid for my SB6141.