Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

SDV channel listing - Cox San Diego

Rick Shaw

pbroughton said:
I have been unable to tune/retune channel 1057 with the Tuning Adapter TiVo combination after years of being able to do so.

The Cox Help Desk Tech said that this channel is now SDV, but the list I have from May, 2012 doesn't show this channel as SDV. For (constant!) troubleshooting for the TA, I sure would appreciate an updated list. (I couldn't seem to find on Cox site....)

Thanks for any info..............
On my old 8240HDC DVR with Passport, I could see whether or not a channel was SDV by looking at some numbers on a diagnostic page. Sadly, I cannot do so on the 8642HDC/Trio diagnostics. The last list I compiled is 8 months old. However, gauging by how long it took my 8642 to initially tune the channel this morning, I'd guess that AMC-HD is indeed on SDV.

Cox doesn't officially release a SDV list, IIRC.

pbroughton

Rick Shaw said:
pbroughton said:
I have been unable to tune/retune channel 1057 with the Tuning Adapter TiVo combination after years of being able to do so.

The Cox Help Desk Tech said that this channel is now SDV, but the list I have from May, 2012 doesn't show this channel as SDV. For (constant!) troubleshooting for the TA, I sure would appreciate an updated list. (I couldn't seem to find on Cox site....)

On my old 8240HDC DVR with Passport, I could see whether or not a channel was SDV by looking at some numbers on a diagnostic page. Sadly, I cannot do so on the 8642HDC/Trio diagnostics. The last list I compiled is 8 months old. However, gauging by how long it took my 8642 to initially tune the channel this morning, I'd guess that AMC-HD is indeed on SDV.

Thank you, Rick. I also have an 8240HDC for my other tv, so I'll poke around to see if I can discern which of the channels I use are now SDV.

Besides the networks, I most frequently record on the HD TiVo: 1002, 1345, 1057, 1033, 1034, 1035 & 1048. Adding 1057 to the old SDV List, I show that the first 3 listed are SDV, but will check for more changes.

thanks, again.

phil

Rick Shaw

pbroughton said:
Rick Shaw said:
pbroughton said:

Thank you, Rick. I also have an 8240HDC for my other tv, so I'll poke around to see if I can discern which of the channels I use are now SDV.

Besides the networks, I most frequently record on the HD TiVo: 1002, 1345, 1057, 1033, 1034, 1035 & 1048. Adding 1057 to the old SDV List, I show that the first 3 listed are SDV, but will check for more changes.

thanks, again.

phil
Go to a diagnostic page titled "TUNING." On SDV channels, the "Source ID" and "Program Number" will be the same 5-digit number (like 10316, for example.) On non-SDV channels, the "Source ID" number will be a 5-digit number (like 21534 for example), but the "Program Number" will be a 1-2 digit number (like 00005 or 00012, for example.)

This is from memory. YMMV.

Micawber

I have two HD TiVo's and one Premier. The plus packages have changed to MPEG-4 and the HD's cannot see them. The Premier can. I know this happened to 1363.

JimH

Today I talked to Cox Business technical services and said that SDV rolled out in San Diego about 6 weeks ago (about mid December 2013) but I see all these discussions going way back. They said they are just starting to understand it and answer questions about it since it is so new. After business customers, she said they would be going to home customers. Is this true or was I being fed a line of bull? It seemed we started having all kinds of problems in our business system with Cox SA tuners about this time. I'm going to try the Samsung media box to see if it might get around some of this but I'm thinking it may not.

Rick Shaw

JimH said:
Today I talked to Cox Business technical services and said that SDV rolled out in San Diego about 6 weeks ago (about mid December 2013) but I see all these discussions going way back. They said they are just starting to understand it and answer questions about it since it is so new. After business customers, she said they would be going to home customers. Is this true or was I being fed a line of bull? It seemed we started having all kinds of problems in our business system with Cox SA tuners about this time. I'm going to try the Samsung media box to see if it might get around some of this but I'm thinking it may not.
Cox started SDV years ago.