Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Thread for my13/49-XDTV

Administrator, do you think you could make a thread for my13/49-XDTV? It is the my (network) affiliate for the San Diego DMA.

DRB

Isn't that only an analog and non-HD station?
Not sure it belongs in the list of HD channels that the forum is supposed to be for.
I'd propose wait until they ever go digital and HD to be added to the list to not mix them up.
There is the General OTA section already that could be used for any non-HD and analog channels.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
bookertdub said:
Administrator, do you think you could make a thread for my13/49-XDTV? It is the my (network) affiliate for the San Diego DMA.
DRB is right as it's not in HD. Entravision has promised HD for XHDTV but they've never actually implemented it. They had CH. 47 in Tecate for a DT, but that isn't likely going to happen. The chances for them going HD isn't likely going to happen. General OTA can also be used for KBNT which also carries XHDTV on digital. Until they go HD you won't see a forum for it. Most of the programming on XHDTV can be watched on other channels on Cable, so it really isn't a big deal.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Just added the forum for XHDTV-TDT even though they are a work in progress, just like this forum :).

joem

Although MyTV13 36-13 (RF 51) is not HD, it's digital and its parent Univision 36-1 is HD so the thread should be titled as such.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Sandog said that XHDTV is now 1080i HD. KBNT no longer has XHDTV so now you can watch it on CH. 49.1. Now we shall see if the cablecos will carry XHDTV-TDT.

That's interesting. I thought my network tv programming is broadcast in 720p not 1080i, since it is owned by Fox. But according to less than reliable Wikipedia, it lists both 1080i & 720p as official HD formats for my network tv.

sdwulfdawg

antennafarmer said:
No luck in the Fletcher Hills/San Carlos/North La Mesa either.
Out of a fluke I did get XDTV one night but only once.

If I have a totally obsessive compulsive need to watch anything on MyNetwork TV I turn my mega antenna towards LA and watch it off of KCOP in Los Angeles which is nearly consistent in terms of reception.

jay214128

I haven't been paying much attention, but it looks like XHDTV is no longer a MyNetwork TV affiliate. They are now MundoFOX. 49.1 use to be MyNetwork TV and 49.2 was MundoFOX, but now both 49.1 and 49.2 are listed as MundoFOX.

I hadn't noticed except the one program I recorded from 49.1 wasn't showing up in my listings, so I took a closer look and noticed the change. Oh well, I can still get the show from KDOC-DT (56.1).

Marco

jay214128 said:
I haven't been paying much attention, but it looks like XHDTV is no longer a MyNetwork TV affiliate. They are now MundoFOX. 49.1 use to be MyNetwork TV and 49.2 was MundoFOX, but now both 49.1 and 49.2 are listed as MundoFOX.

I hadn't noticed except the one program I recorded from 49.1 wasn't showing up in my listings, so I took a closer look and noticed the change. Oh well, I can still get the show from KDOC-DT (56.1).
They're airing promos announcing that you can watch their programming on "cable channel 13." So I guess that MNTV in San Diego is cable only.

oat

Admin65 said:
Time Warner said in a legal notice that MundoFox would be on CH. 13.

I think my13 is now available on 7.1 (VHF) along with 49.2 (Standard Def & stretch) , probably low power as well. Getting it at 40% power in Normal Heights. Started transmitting on 3/1/2015 I believe. Does anyone know where they are transmitting 7.1 from?