Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Time Warner Cable to get NFL Network

Oh my God! Sanity reigns! Here's another link.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-09-21/nfl-said-to-have-deal-with-time-warner-for-nfl-network-redzone

Now let's just wait for the official announcement!
 
OK, it's now official. A done deal! :cool: :D

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/09/21/time-warner-cable-bright-house-networks-sign-multi-year-deals-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone/
 

DRB

Member
NFL Network appears to be on San Diego TWC channel 890 right now.
That channel was for 3D special events and was recently used for the 3D Olympics coverage.
 
DRB said:
NFL Network appears to be on San Diego TWC channel 890 right now.
That channel was for 3D special events and was recently used for the 3D Olympics coverage.
Any idea what tier it'll be on?
 

Rick Shaw

Member
humdinger70 said:
OK, it's now official. A done deal! :cool: :D

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/09/21/time-warner-cable-bright-house-networks-sign-multi-year-deals-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone/
What timing! The Chargers are blacked-out this Sunday, but Red Zone will still show their live action - even to San Diego residences. TWC will get a ton of Red Zone subscriptions right off the bat.
 
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
 
Rick Shaw said:
humdinger70 said:
OK, it's now official. A done deal! :cool: :D

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/09/21/time-warner-cable-bright-house-networks-sign-multi-year-deals-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone/
What timing! The Chargers are blacked-out this Sunday, but Red Zone will still show their live action - even to San Diego residences. TWC will get a ton of Red Zone subscriptions right off the bat.
Could't have picked a better time to go out of town to Minneapolis and use the NFL Sunday Ticket app on Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2-10.1 and beat the blackout!
 

Rick Shaw

Member
bookertdub said:
Rick Shaw said:
humdinger70 said:
OK, it's now official. A done deal! :cool: :D

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/09/21/time-warner-cable-bright-house-networks-sign-multi-year-deals-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone/
What timing! The Chargers are blacked-out this Sunday, but Red Zone will still show their live action - even to San Diego residences. TWC will get a ton of Red Zone subscriptions right off the bat.
Could't have picked a better time to go out of town to Minneapolis and use the NFL Sunday Ticket app on Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2-10.1 and beat the blackout!
Beating the blackout - good!
Going to Minnesota to do so - not so good.

;)
 
humdinger70 said:
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
I get 355 but not 356 (Red Zone). Anyone know why?
 

DRB

Member
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
I get 355 but not 356 (Red Zone). Anyone know why?
Do you have the variety channel pack, but not the sports channel pack?
On the TWC website channel list, 355 is marked as available for either Sports pack or the Variety channel pack.
Whereas 356 is marked only as available with the Sports channel pack.
 
DRB said:
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
I get 355 but not 356 (Red Zone). Anyone know why?
Do you have the variety channel pack, but not the sports channel pack?
On the TWC website channel list, 355 is marked as available for either Sports pack or the Variety channel pack.
Whereas 356 is marked only as available with the Sports channel pack.
Thanks. To save some money I now only get the Variety pack.
 
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
I get 355 but not 356 (Red Zone). Anyone know why?
356 is on the digital sports tier, so if you don't get it, you don't get RedZone Channel.
 
humdinger70 said:
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
I get 355 but not 356 (Red Zone). Anyone know why?
356 is on the digital sports tier, so if you don't get it, you don't get RedZone Channel.
Anyone find it on a QAM tuner, even in SD.
 

DRB

Member
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:
fblack_111 said:
humdinger70 said:
According to TWC San Diego, the official channels (for HD viewers) are 355 for NFL Network and 356 for NFL Red Zone. I checked (as of Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:50 PM) and they're both there now. Weird that they're not in the 700 or 800 series channels usually reserved for HD channels.
I get 355 but not 356 (Red Zone). Anyone know why?
356 is on the digital sports tier, so if you don't get it, you don't get RedZone Channel.
Anyone find it on a QAM tuner, even in SD.
No, only the free local channels are in clear QAM, other digital channels are encrypted and require a box.
Thats expected especially for the NFL network channels since they are part of an extra cost channel pack - you also need to subscribe to the Variety and/or Sports pack to get them even if you have a digital box.
 
Top