Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Time-Warner Outages in San Diego Area

DRB

In my area, the TWC cable and internet was completely out for about 3 hours, maybe 11:30pm to 2:30am.
Came back on after that and still on today OK.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Complete outage in my area and the signals are really low.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TV is sporadic and not all channels are working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DRB

No problems at all tonight for me for the past several hours with TWC cable TV or internet in Bernardo Heights area.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Though it could have been an area with my node. I guess an amplifier broke, and they had to fix it. Signals were really low when the outage occurred like -68.90 dbmv. Now that has been fixed, so no problems there.

For some reason every few days I just turn on my TV and Cisco DVR and the box turns on but it sends no signal to the TV. I use HDMI. I can even change channels, but no picture. A reboot restores things. Anyone else have similar issues. A TW repair guy is coming out in a few days to check things.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TruTV HD is not as pixellating during the beginning of the shows as well as during commercial breaks. I wonder if TWC does read this board, and customer complaints. After the TWC outage, my signals are a bit better in some cases than they were pre outage.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC has had outages in my area, but they are mainly in the wee hours in the morning.

DRB

In my area of RB the TWC cable internet was out (cable modem wouldn't sync) for several hours early in the afternoon today around 1PM-3PM or so.
However the TWC cable TV was working fine during that time.
The cable internet was working again after around 4PM and its still working this evening.

DRB said:
In my area of RB the TWC cable internet was out (cable modem wouldn't sync) for several hours early in the afternoon today around 1PM-3PM or so.
However the TWC cable TV was working fine during that time.
The cable internet was working again after around 4PM and its still working this evening.

I had a similar problem with my TW digital phone modem around 1:00PM. Its a stand alone unit. It also lost its connection around that time. Came back about 30 to 60 minutes later.

Is there an outage going on? I'm in Scripps Ranch, 92131 and can't seem to access my Slingbox from Murrieta. Also I can't seem to accesss my router remotely whenI normally can.
[hr]
Internet seems to up and running again.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
My household had no Internet on last Friday, so I had to have a tech come last Saturday. Thankfully, it was just a wiring problem in my house, but I ended up upgrading my SB5100 for a SB6141.

DRB said:
TWC signal was gone for me in RB tonight for 2+ hours early Mon evening.
So I get up about 6:00AM today (Wednesday) to find my Internet down. I reboot the modem and router (twice) and it comes back. But I also call TW to advise them. (99.8% of the time my Internet goes down it's their equipment). I was previously told by TW that they do not trouble shoot their own equipment until they get a bunch of called in service complaints. So I ask them (in Manilla) to start a log with me as #1.

She says she will first check my modem to look for a 24 hour history of outages. She says her log shows it went down at midnight and service came back at 2:00AM. I said it was out at 6:00AM this morning as well. Then she says " Did you check to see if your power plug was still properly plugged in".

So I said "Maybe someone broke into my house at midnight, by-passed my security alarm, and unplugged my modem!!!". She got my point and said she will start a log my call.

So I guess they had some issues last night and this morning

DRB

In my case it was everything TWC - cable TV and internet signal was gone for a couple hours early Monday night.
I even checked the signal at the main line coming in from outside prior to all splitters and internal cabling in my house and there was nothing at that time.
Finally came back completely a little after 8:30PM that night.
Don't know if it was a localized neighborhood issue or wider spread.

I have noticed some issues lately. I had the same problem last year and after 3 truck rolls they figured out it was a card or something in a box about a mile away. It's starting again. Lat time it got progressively worse. Basically, (for now) every 10 to 12 minutes I get a long horizontal pixilated line across the TV. So far and at least 8 different channels. About 2" tall and 2 to 4 feet wide. And some sound blips. My recording of the Showtime HD East feed at 6:00PM of Dexter yesterday was loaded with issues. Then my neighbor called today to tell me has similar issues in our Carmel Valley area. Anyone else seeing these problems. If so, please also report them to TW. We did.

Edited: And last night ( Monday) AEHD, Fox Business HD and Fox News HD all had that error message pop up while I was watching saying that the channel was not available...Press A. They did come back about 30 to 45 seconds later, usually after I changed channels and came back to them. I rebooted my DVR last night and had a hit sent. In the past 3 days I have rebooted my DVR 2 or 3 times.

After 3 weeks of complaints TW is finally coming out tomorrow. It's the same issue as last year. A "card" at their hub or office. Not my cable box or DVR. I have 10 shows recorded showing pixilization issues. Last night Dexter and Ray Donovan were just terrible. I would attach a screen shot if someone can explain how. I have the whole show on tape. It has issues every 5 to 10 minutes.

I have a TW tech coming early this afternoon to look a my poor cable picture. I called TW again this morning after watching a new show called "Ray Donovan" that is on after Dexter. It was nearly impossible to watch to to picture problems.

So today I called to ask how TW tracked complaints about poor quality pictures. Did they log them, or maintain a data base, etc.? She said they keep no data base or phone logs and only start a log based on how many customers actually call and ask to have a tech come to their house. What a system. So if a customer just calls to complain about a bad TV signal, ( like I have been having) they basically do nothing until a tech goes out to the house to investigate. Seems like an inefficient and expensive way to operate a business.