Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Time-Warner Outages in San Diego Area

TW finally fixed a picture quality issue in part of the Carmel Valley area. We have had issues for nearly 30 days. I finally got a call form a supervisor at TW and who said they found the problem and fixed it. So far so good. I hope it lasts.

ScottE

fblack_111 said:
TW finally fixed a picture quality issue in part of the Carmel Valley area. We have had issues for nearly 30 days. I finally got a call form a supervisor at TW and who said they found the problem and fixed it. So far so good. I hope it lasts.
Yay! Glad to know it wasn't just me. I noticed an improvement in the last few days, but didn't know if it was my imagination. For the past month I've had the same macroblocking and MPEG errors that you described. Haven't seen them lately.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
My part of San Diego is experiencing a complete outage as in no tv and internet. Though it could be that my signals are backfeeding into the neighborhood.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, but this outage seemed to be a regional outage and not some local backfeeding issue. I have had that issue before, but the techs fixed that.

kevinc

Admin65 said:
Yea, but this outage seemed to be a regional outage and not some local backfeeding issue. I have had that issue before, but the techs fixed that.
It is surprising that MOCA and HPNA kits don't come with a whole house filter or at least make it much clearer that you need to use one to avoid back-feeding. A mistake you only make once.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
There was a DNS outage that not only affected San Diego but also SoCal (LA, Orange County)!

DRB

Admin65 said:
There was a DNS outage that not only affected San Diego but also SoCal (LA, Orange County)!
I never noticed the DNS outage since after the last time I setup my PC and router to use the OpenDNS addresses instead of the default TWC DNS addresses. OpenDNS is much more reliable:
http://www.opendns.com/opendns-ip-addresses

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I just setup my laptop to use a 3rd party DNS. I wonder if twc was under a ddos attack on their DNS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

madmark

It seems the old "XXX is currently unavailable Please try again later" message is back. Its on all the 500's and most of the 600's. Both boxes are showing it.

Update:
Service was out for about 24 hours, they scheduled a truck then canceled it 2 days later. Said that a network issue had been resolved...

raybytheway

DRB said:
Anyone else have a complete Time-Warner cable/internet outage today in the San Diego North County (Rancho Bernardo) area?
I have no signal at all this morning (it was fine last last night) not even analog channels and of course no cable internet as well - the line appears dead.
Might be a local outage only, but no way to tell.
I checked for signal right at the main coax that comes into the garage prior to any splitters and its still no signal there.

Update: Cable/internet service came back up around 1:15PM, so was probably down all morning for several hours. Might have been a local issue.
[hr]
raybytheway said:
DRB said:
Anyone else have a complete Time-Warner cable/internet outage today in the San Diego North County (Rancho Bernardo) area?
I have no signal at all this morning (it was fine last last night) not even analog channels and of course no cable internet as well - the line appears dead.
Might be a local outage only, but no way to tell.
I checked for signal right at the main coax that comes into the garage prior to any splitters and its still no signal there.

Update: Cable/internet service came back up around 1:15PM, so was probably down all morning for several hours. Might have been a local issue.
Hello, I was wondering I am cisiting in san bernardino, and my sister up here has no service as of about an hour ago and cannot get any phone answer to time warner. anyone know of outages for the TW tv service in that area? thankyou

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Complete outage in rancho Bernardo. No TV, and internet at least for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
It also includes phone as well. Still no TV and internet for me, but it should hopefully be back one of these days. This is one of the longest times an outage has happened for me as these things are usually fixed in only a coupleof hours. At least with twc you can enjoy outages better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DRB

Admin65 said:
Complete outage in rancho Bernardo. No TV, and internet at least for me.
No TWC outage for TV or internet for me in RB (Bernardo Heights area) this past week or weekend.
Must be a local neighborhood hardware problem? I had one like that a year or two ago, lasted for a couple days until they fixed it.

Just as an FYI, I decided that if they cannot deliver the service I pay for, then after 3 or 4 hours I request and get a refund for the day of the outage.

DRB

I noticed my Time-Warner cable and internet was down starting a little after midnight and continued down for hours early this morning, this was in RB. Finally I checked around 8am and the internet was back up and cable TV channels were back.
However a few free QAM channels weren't tuning without a cable box on my digital TVs, I had to recscan their internal tuners to get them all back.