Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

Time Warner phone service

Anyone have a TW phone? Will it hookup to every existing phone jack in my house so each room can have phone service. Do they provide a backup battery? Does the phone impact their Internet 10mbps speed?

My friend has Time Warner Cable's phone service. To answer your question, I do believe they can hook it up to every jack in the house. Second, there is backup service in the event of a power outage, however that only lasts for a few hours (not exactly sure how long as it varies, but definitely not as long as a POTS line from the phone company). And lastly phone service from the cable company doesn't affect internet feeds. While cable tv, internet, & phone are all on the same copper wire, the 3 services are all on different frequencies that connect to the node on the copper wire, that's how cable companies can offer all 3 services without compromising the individual services they provide. Hope this helps.

malaugh

I have the phone service. When they install it, they disconnect the phone company wire, then connect a wire from the cable modem to your internal wiring. They swapped my cable modem for a new model. This means all your phones plug in to the wall just like they did with the phone company. The cable modem runs off your AC power, so if the power goes down you have no phone service. I guess running the cable modem on an uninterruptible Power supply would work. It does not effect your cable modem speed. I am very happy with the service.

malaugh said:
I have the phone service. When they install it, they disconnect the phone company wire, then connect a wire from the cable modem to your internal wiring. They swapped my cable modem for a new model. This means all your phones plug in to the wall just like they did with the phone company. The cable modem runs off your AC power, so if the power goes down you have no phone service. I guess running the cable modem on an uninterruptible Power supply would work. It does not effect your cable modem speed. I am very happy with the service.

I will be coming off of a negotiated triple bundle soon. They basically threw in a home phone with unlimited national calling to sweeten my deal. I really don't use it much and never for incoming calls. I use my cell phone mostly and still have an old POTS ATT land line. Since TW seems to have a history of giving good initial deals on a service and later crank up the price, does anyone have insight on what to expect in the way of a new price for their phone service once my deal is up for renegotiation again? If I knew they would not "stick it to me" on their phone price for a few years I would consider dumping my ATT land line and save $26 a month for it.

Satch

I love phone service and high speed Internet from TWC!

These are areas that they have done right. It almost compensates for their crappy STB guide and DVR's. Well....almost! LOL!

Satch