Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

TWC Channels Changing from East Coast to West Coast Feed

DRB

I got an email from TWC today with the following info.

Service Update: Video Services Transitioning from East to West Coast Feed

Dear Valued Customer,
We're making enhancements to our video services feeds that will allow you to enjoy your favorite shows at more convenient times. In the coming days you can expect to see a three-hour shift in your programming schedule on certain channels including AMC HD, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD and TLC HD. All channel numbers will remain the same.

DRB

Odd that they don't specify an exact date on when the switchover happens - the guide might be off for a week and screw up DVR recordings on those channels for awhile...

DRB

I noticed Animal Planet HD and AMC HD are now on West Coast Feed starting today (6/8/13)
Had to redo my DVR recordings for AMC HD on Mad Men for tomorrow since its now 3 hours later...

Rick Shaw

DRB said:
I noticed Animal Planet HD and AMC HD are now on West Coast Feed starting today (6/8/13)
Had to redo my DVR recordings for AMC HD on Mad Men for tomorrow since its now 3 hours later...
I wonder if/when Cox will do the same. Not so much tonight, but I can usually really take advantage of having the 5pm-8pm and 8pm-11pm Primetime on Sunday nights. Especially so if The Killing gets halfway decent.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
On April 23, BBC America HD, Travel Channel HD, Food Network HD, and HGTV HD will move over to a West Coast feed so if you like Dr. Who or Top gear and like watching it 3 hours earlier, then you might not like that.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
On May 14, Food Network HD (751), HGTV HD (753), Travel HD (769), BBCA HD (853), History HD (756), and A&E HD (745) will move from an East Coast to West Coast feed. Infact, BBCA HD, Food Network HD, Travel HD, and HGTV HD, might have made the April 23 date. This could be for ex Adelphia areas. Also, BBCA HD, HGTV HD, Travel HD, and Food Network HD are also available on their respected SD Channel numbers. Once History and A&E HD move to West Coast feeds, TWC will remap them, so they will be available on both the HD and SD channel numbers. I think TWC is doing this to prepare people for the new lineup which is coming on May 27. In the new lineup, there will be no dedicated HD channels, as the new lineup will default to HD feeds. Those with ancient SD boxes, or have their HD box only set to 480i, should only get the SD fees.

The HD remap is already happening. If I tune to channel 7 (KNSD), it gives me the HD (normally channel 707) feed. My venerable 8640 box is set to 1080i.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Smithsonian HD is now being added to the May 14 East to West coast feed migration.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
On May 13, 2015 H2 (CH. 133), FYI (CH. 134), & LMN (Lifetime Movies) (CH. 630) will move from an East Coast Feed to a West Coast Feed. Check with your DVR and the guide to ensure that your recordings stay intact, as these changeovers might impact any future recordings, or those who have current series recordings.