Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

TWC: Improvements Needed For STB Advanced Search

Satch

Greetings,

I just traded in my old SA-8300HDC for a newer Cisco 8742. As much as I love the new HD menus, wide-screen format, and DVR Management System, the cloud-based keyboard search is lacking and needs the following updates:

1.) Search listings are incomplete-They often do not match up with the Time Gride. Often for sports like Boxing, you will get a list of PPV and VOD shows, but live events are often missing in the search results even though they are in the Time Grid. Sports data is missing even when Sports is selected in the Keyboard Search Filter.

2.) Organize data by "Theme"- as an option for the Keyboard Search Filter- This allows for a more consolidated view of search results.

3.) Restore "B" button functionality- to show all related listings of a show being watched or viewed in the Time Grid. (Rumored to be coming in a future update to the modern boxes.)

Satch

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, they need to update the Advanced search, but I do enjoy the new modern VOD portal on my Cisco and Samsung boxes. I know there might be a 7.4 or 7.5 in development, and maybe we will also see some more improvements.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
There is also an ODN build versioned 7.4.0_34 testing somewhere, and that could be the fall update, while 7.3.2_16 is a patch and/or prep for that update.