Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

TWC Legal Notice Updates

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Not much has really changed. The planned channel moves of the VIP tier and Unvision didn't actually happen. I don't expect much until later this year.

Time Warner Cable’s San Diego division agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their service and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements with programmers are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future. Erotic Networks, American Life, Fuse, Fuse HD, Golf Channel, Golf Channel HD, Sprout, Azteca America, BBC America, BBC America HD, CCTV-9, E!, E! HD, Encore, Encore HD, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Mystery, Encore WAM, Encore Westerns, IndiePlex, Lifetime, Starz, Starz HD, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz In Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, Style HD, truTV, truTV HD, The Weather Channel, The Weather Channel HD, ZeeTV, KSWB and KSWB HD.

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers.

On or after March 1, 2011, TEN (The Erotic Network) will be moving from channel 1165 to 1168 and Penthouse TV will be moving from channel 1166 to 1167. Playboy PPV, channel 1167; Club Jenna, channel 1168; and Vavoom, channel 1169 will no longer be available. Fresh, channel 1165; Skin, channel 1166; and Xcess, channel 1169, will be available as new adult PPV networks.
(Not all services available in all areas.)

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
And probably won't be for quite a while. I wonder why TWC can't seem to carry this channel. Thats probably a question that I can't answer :(.

5 years later & still no "the mtn." Thats why I am looking forward to Cox's monopoly on distribution of Padres baseball games.

Randy

A revised Legal Notice is up. Not really much new, some basic cable additons:

"On March 31, 2011, the following channels were added to the Basic Cable service level. Zeal 1, channel 291; Zeal 2, channel 292; Zeal 3, channel 293; Zeal 4, channel 294; Zeal 5, channel 295, America’s Auction Network, channel 296, Liquidation Channel, channel 297; and GEM Shopping Network, channel 298. All channels are available in a digital format only and may require additional equipment to view that can be provided by Time Warner Cable or may be for purchase from retail stores in certain locations."

Also added Antenna TV - oldies- to Channel 133 basic cable.

Don't know what Zeal is.....

Legal Notice

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
On or after June 15th, Nat Geo HD will move to a West Coast feed, so you might need to check your DVR recordings at that time, to make sure they are correct.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Randy said:
A revised Legal Notice is up. Not really much new, some basic cable additons:

"On March 31, 2011, the following channels were added to the Basic Cable service level. Zeal 1, channel 291; Zeal 2, channel 292; Zeal 3, channel 293; Zeal 4, channel 294; Zeal 5, channel 295, America’s Auction Network, channel 296, Liquidation Channel, channel 297; and GEM Shopping Network, channel 298. All channels are available in a digital format only and may require additional equipment to view that can be provided by Time Warner Cable or may be for purchase from retail stores in certain locations."

Don't know what Zeal is.....

Legal Notice
Zeal is a bunch of worthless infomercial channels. If you like watching shows about crap you don't need for a low price, then this network is for you.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC San Diego must like shopping channels as most of the new adds involve either infomercials, shopping channel, or some liquidation channel.

Rick Shaw

Admin65 said:
On or after June 15th, Nat Geo HD will move to a West Coast feed, so you might need to check your DVR recordings at that time, to make sure they are correct.
We get a warning and advice about an event that will take place "on or after June 15th" in early April? Thanks, but I know I'll forget well before then. :)

[hr]
Admin65 said:
TWC San Diego must like shopping channels as most of the new adds involve either infomercials, shopping channel, or some liquidation channel.
They get a percentage of sales "kickback" from those types of channels. So, not only is there no fee to carry these channels, the cable company gets income from the channels. Your next hybrid oven will provide some income to the cable company. Sweet.

DRB

Randy said:
TWC added Antenna TV now, one of KSWB's sub-channels, but what about their other one, ThisTV?
Why not add both of them?

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC San Diego will switch Hallmark Movie Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel HD to the west coast feed, on or about June 17th, 2011, alongside NatGeo HD.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Only Lifetime HD, HBO Latino East, and HBO Latino East HD will be added in the near future.

Randy

I noticed the are putting Lifetime HD on channel 759. I always figured that was where the would eventually place Turner Classic Movies HD. Still surprised that haven't added that one......

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Not much changes. Just more channel realignments. BBCA OD will move to Entertainment on Demand on June 17.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC San Diego has updated the Legal Notice. Legal Notice

Time Warner Cable’s San Diego division agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their service and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements with programmers are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future. CMT, CMT HD, Current TV, Ovation, American Life, BBC America, BBC America HD, CCTV-9, E!, E! HD, Encore, Encore HD, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Mystery, Encore WAM, Encore Westerns, Fuse, Fuse HD, Golf Channel, Golf Channel HD, IndiePlex, Sprout, Starz, Starz HD, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz In Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, Style HD, truTV, truTV HD, The Weather Channel, The Weather Channel HD, and ZeeTV.

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers.

On or after June 7, 2011, the following channels will be moving to the Choice tier: Shop Zeal 1, channel 291; Shop Zeal 2, channel 292; Shop Zeal 3, channel 293; Shop Zeal 4, channel 294; Shop Zeal 5, channel 295; America’s Auction Network, channel 296; Liquidation Channel, channel 297; and GEM Shopping Network, channel 298.

On or after June 8, 2011, Science Channel, channel 212 & 1029, will be rebranded to Science. Science Channel HD, channel 780, will be rebranded to Science HD.

On or after July 12, 2011 BBC America On Demand, channel 106, will be dropped and the content will be moving to Entertainment On Demand, channel 107.

On or after July 12, 2011 Exercise TV On Demand, channel 122, will be dropped and the content will be moving to Sports On Demand, channel 103.

On or after July 12, 2011 Sports On Demand, channel 103, will be rebranded to Sports & Fitness On Demand.

On or after June 17, 2011, National Geographic HD, Hallmark Movie Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel HD will switch from the East to the West feed resulting in a three hour shift in the programming schedule. Any scheduled DVR recordings will be deleted and must be re-set.

On or after July 4, 2011, SiTV, channel 304, will be renamed to Nuvo TV and VeneMovies, channels 327 & 1266 will be renamed to Viendo Movies.

On or after July 13, 2011, HBO Latino, channel 612 and HBO Latino HD, channel 611 (in North County only) will be made available to customers that subscribe to the HBO Premium service. These services will be delivered using Switched Digital Video (SDV) and as such will not be accessible via Cable Card-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Products (UDCPs) purchased at retail without additional, two-way capable equipment. In San Diego Only, HBO Latino East HD, channel 611, will be changed from the East coast feed to the West coast feed. This will cause a three hour time shift and will cancel all scheduled recordings on this channel.

(Not all services available in all areas.)[/quote]

Just some channel realignments, and not much on new channels. HDTheater will eventually become Velocity, but nothing really new. I guess later this year they will add new channels.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime HD is now up on CH. 759; however, only my Samsung and Cisco boxes have them. My 8300HD doesn't have the data yet. I could reboot it, but I'm sure the data will be up for the MDN boxes soon.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
VOD's are being rearranged according to the new legal notice. I did see DIY HD, which is likely going to come soon. TWC did promise some new HD's this year, but I also saw HBO HD VOD! :)

http://www.timewarnercable.com/sandiego-desertcities/support/policies/legalnotice.html

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Velocity is now going to debut on October 4th, so TWC's legal notice team needs to change the 9/25 date to 10/04.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Yet the guide now lists HDTheater as Velocity! Weird but it will debut next Tuesday.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
HD Movies OD is now on CH. 1000. All HD movies content are in the HD section, so there. More VOD consolidation is coming next month.