Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

TWC Legal Notice Updates

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
TWC has already started the process of moving the HD Showcase OD content to their respective SD counterparts. After 11.13, HD showcase OD will no longer operate and such content will go to the SD equivalents.

Well fortunately I have a Slingbox setup at a friend's place in Newport Beach hooked up to DirecTV which has KCBS-TV, so at the very worst I do have a plan B to fall back on should this affect the NFL Playoffs.

DRB

Admin65 said:
USA HD and SyFy HD are now on the west coast feed.
Yeah I noticed that change a week or two ago.
I preferred seeing shows like Burn Notice and Sanctuary at 7PM instead of 10PM though. :(

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Then you should switch to DirecTV or Dish Network. Then you only get east coast feeds, if that is what you want. West coast aside, I think I might just switch to DirecTV. Prices look good and there is that monster HR34 for new customers like me. I would not mind having a HR34, HR24 and a couple H2x boxes in MRV.

Rick Shaw

Admin65 said:
Then you should switch to DirecTV or Dish Network. Then you only get east coast feeds, if that is what you want.
That's quite a trick since some programs only have one feed, and it's ET.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Versus is now NBC Sports Network. Yesterday, Fox Movie Channel became FX Movie Channel during primetime.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
PAC12 LA and PAC12 National are coming to TWC on 8.15 and both will be available in HD. PAC12 National will require the sports tier while PAC12 LA will be available for those who subscribe to the Variety tier.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Not much has changed, but the legal notice mentions a few new channels up for renewal. DIY HD and Cooking Channel HD. 10 News channel is also up for renegotiation. A while back, KGTV was on the list of channels that could be dropped. Still no FS San Diego. I bet TWC is not likely going to carry it, and if they do, it will be after the Padres has end their season.

Rick Shaw

Admin65 said:
Not much has changed, but the legal notice mentions a few new channels up for renewal. DIY HD and Cooking Channel HD. 10 News channel is also up for renegotiation. A while back, KGTV was on the list of channels that could be dropped.
No ABC on TWC? I can hear the uproar now.

I would expect the PAC 12 Networks to launch in.about 10 days or so. They can't really list FS San Diego expiring since they never had an agreement in the first place.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
Fox News and TWC have made a deal, so that is down. Not that I watch it.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-foxtwc-20120807,0,2397383.story

DRB

I got a letter from Time Warner Cable today saying they will be eliminating some more of the old analog channels for more digital channels, so CSPAN, WGN, Golf Channel, LMN, and ION are moving to digital only next month (around Sep 11)
They will require a digital cable box to receive them, though CSPAN and WGN will also be viewable on a clear-QAM tuner TV.
I can already get the HD version of WGN clear-QAM direct cable in on a newer HDTV.

According to Time Warner Cable San Diego's twitter feed, Pac 12 Networks HD channel numbers have been announced. HD channel 819 will carry the national feed, while HD channel 818 will carry Pac 12 Networks-Los Angeles feed (programming featuring UCLA & USC).

DRB said:
I got a letter from Time Warner Cable today saying they will be eliminating some more of the old analog channels for more digital channels, so CSPAN, WGN, Golf Channel, LMN, and ION are moving to digital only next month (around Sep 11)
They will require a digital cable box to receive them, though CSPAN and WGN will also be viewable on a clear-QAM tuner TV.
I can already get the HD version of WGN clear-QAM direct cable in on a newer HDTV.
I got the same letter. Problem is, I suspect pretty soon they will remove all SD channels that are now available without a cable box on older TV's like one I use in a guest room. In a year or so, they want to charge $12 a year for an old SD cable box just to watch some cable channels on an older TV.