Welcome to San Diego HDTV!

If you like what you see, join our community.

Register Log in

TWC Legal Notice Updates

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/about-us/legal/regulatory-notices/programming-legal-notices/west-san-diego.html

A bunch of new channels and Ovation might be added. Smithsonian HD will transition over to a West Coast feed from an East coast feed and there will be a SD version as well. Smithsonian channel will also move to the variety tier as well. Mostly channel moves and Al Jazeera America will be added on 12/6/13. Also, TWC will add Univision El Rey an El Rey HD for those with the Variety tier.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
More changes again, but a couple of VOD's are being discontinued. This could very well be prep for the new VOD portal that TWC has in other markets. This new portal is going to consolidate all the VOD's into one channel and is powered by the cloud. It will also have movie and TV posters which is cool I guess.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/about-us/legal/regulatory-notices/programming-legal-notices/west-san-diego.html

Huge legal notice with Epix getting a free preview for those with Digital cable. All Epix channels will be available for 3 months starting on March 18. Fox Sports San Diego will launch on March 30 on ch. 61 for Standard Def and 732 for HD, but I think you probably want the HD channel. FS Prime Ticket will be gone on March 30 for Ex Adelphia subscribers. Sportsnet LA will debut on ch. 421 (SD) and 817 (HD) and it will require the sports tier and it will be on SDV. TVG horse racing is on 417. Also there will be Nicktoons HD on 772 and Nick Jr HD on Ch. 858.

Epix will debut on or about March 18, 2014 and it appears to be a whole bunch of channels. Epix East on ch 591, Epix East HD on CH. 596, Epix on CH 590, Epix HD on ch 592, Epix 2 HD on CH. 597, Epix 3 on CH. 593, Epix 3 HD on CH. 598, Epix VOD on CH. 594 and the VOD portal on CH. 1 for certain boxes and Epix Drive in on CH. 599.

On March 12, Sprouts will go to the Variety Pass tier instead of Variety Plus. Also on March 18, Espanol VOD will no longer be it's own channel and all content will move to the VOD portal for new advanced boxes as well as the Movies on Demand channel.

On April 23, Travel Channel HD, BBC America HD, Food Network HD, and HGTV HD will move to a West Coast feed and make sure you check your DVR so your recordings are not impacted.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
This weekend, TWC will offer a Showtime Freeview (Free Preview) from June 27-29. This is probably to celebrate the season finales of Penny Dreadful and Nurse Jackie, and to get new subscribers to Showtime. I have Showtime, but if you don't, this might be a good way to try it out, to see if you like it or not.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
I also hear that there will be some Boxing related programming, so that is why Showtime offered a freeview. Maybe TWC had a selection of Freeview's to choose from and decided on Showtime as this weekend, other Cableco's are offering various Premium Free Previews from networks such as Showtime, HBO/Cinemax, and even Starz.

Admin65

Administrator
Staff member
ch. 8 is apparently up for renewal on the legal notice along with Kfmb dt2. Shop hq will now have an HD feed on 487 on 10/29 and it will be sdv, which is a good thing. GSN will switch to west coast feed on 10/29.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk